Elastix Certified Support – Términos y condiciones
- Terms and conditions
- Requisites to obtain support
- Covered support tasks
- NOT Covered support tasks
- Certified equipment
- When trying to access with my support ticket I get an error message saying the ticket doesn’t exist. What do I do?
- When trying to access with my support ticket, I click “Connect”, but nothing happens. What do I do?
- I’ve purchased a support ticket, the value has been deducted from my credit card, but I haven’t received the ticket. What do I do?
- I’m accessing the support platform, but I’m having connection issues. What do I do?
- If I wish to confirm the feasibility for a requirement and/or the time it could take, who can help me?
Support from PaloSanto Solutions, creators of Elastix, directly from the hand of our Certified Professionals.
Please make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions of our Certified Support Service.
The support service covers installed versions of Elastix using the official methods and ISO images. For installations from boot or alternative deployments, contact our support team before acquiring this service at email@example.com.
Elastix is not liable for failure to read the terms and conditions, and unawareness of these will not make you eligible for refunds or compensations.
These terms and conditions are divided into sections for ease of reading, a table of contents is also provided:
What you get when purchasing a Certified Support product?
- An email with the Purchase confirmation, from our payments processor.
- An email with the order receipt, sent from our store.
- A support access code, that allows you to connect with our experts in our chat platform. This code is sent in a separate email than the order receipt.
Support Subscriptions considerations
This are also known as yearly plans. They are a convenient choice to have your servers covered, as opposed to buying individual chat-based support hours, given that you get additional benefits, like priority over regular customers, and preventive audits.
Additionally, support plans come with Elastix Monitoring Services:
This service is provided by cases or incidents and has three level of subscription:
|Hours of Support||10||20||30|
|SLA||4 hrs||4 hrs||3*/4** hrs|
|Monitoring of Equipment||No||Yes||Yes|
|Priority over standard support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
*In 8×5 time **In 24×7 time
Regarding Monitoring Services
This service enables the Elastix server to send information of its performance involving resources like:
- Hard drive usage
- Calls traffic
- Network traffic
This service requires a module to be downloaded from the Elastix addons Marketplace, from the web administration GUI of your Elastix installation. To activate the Monitoring service, the license is sent along the subscription access code.
The monitoring service included in the subscription enables the reporting on one server, to add additional servers there is a fee that is described in the store and selected if the customer requires this service on more than one server.
No personal information or data is collected by this module.
Terms and conditions
- Access policy and use: You can use the support access code several times until it expires or until time runs out
- Duration of support access code: 6 months for on-demand support 1 year for Subscription plans
- Access policies: Support can be obtained any time during the access code’s valid attention time. There is no minimum time to attend a case.
- Attention times
- 8×5 support: Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM (-5GMT, Ecuadorian Time). 8×5 support does not includes attention on holidays celebrated in Ecuadorian territory.
- 24×7 support: All-day attention, SLA may vary depending on customers on queue.
- Maximum response time: 4 hours.
- Scheduled support: These sessions must be requested with 48 hours in advance to delegate an engineer to attend your case in the specified time. Scheduled support time is limited to the support access code valid time (8×5 or 24×7 restrictions).
- Session logs: Support session logs will be stored for quality assurance purposes, passwords and sensitive information is treated under the NDA terms.
- Code of conduct: Please keep a good code of conduct as inappropriate language or behavior will be subject to immediate termination of a support session; if this conduct persists, the customer can be subject to the support access code being blocked.
- Preventive Audits are remote and will be scheduled in anticipation with our engineers via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced support tasks: Requests like Clustering, deployment or high availability are complex procedures that will need previous scheduling with our engineers and are subject to our personnel availability. These types of request may not subject to 24×7 availability and must be planned in advance.
- Supported Elastix versions: Support service is available for all stable versions of Elastix, installed through the official ISO images or approved methods. It may be possible that the availability of a resolution may depend on the Elastix version installed in the customer server. This refers specially to issues related to bugs resolved on newer versions. Current versions have a higher level of support while versions that have reached an EOL (end-of-life) cycle may have limited support or none.
- Third party software: Support does not include resolution of third party software. If the support team finds the problem is related to this, they will inform the customer about it.
- Networking configurations: If the issue is related to the network or the equipment (firewalls, VPNs, etc), engineers may suggest the customer on how to fix the issue, but they are not obliged to solve these issues themselves. Support time used to detect this issues is not refundable, also engineers or Elastix will not be liable about unexpected behavior originated by these external factors.
- Supported Hardware: All Elastix appliances and equipment is covered under support. This does not include immediate resolution in bugs related to firmware of equipment or Elastix itself.
- Third party hardware: Regarding Telephony devices or cards, support can cover hardware certified by Elastix. More information at the Elastix Certified Hardware Section below.
- Support is done via remote control only
- Software used can be one of the following:
- Chrome remote desktop
- To minimize time consumption in your ticket, it is recommended that you verify is the issue does not exists in the bug tracker at http://bugs.elastix.org/
- Our engineers will attempt to let you know when an issue may be reported as a bug. If it exists a solution for it, they will apply the fix consuming the least time possible. In case an issue belongs to a new bug it will be forwarded to the bug tracker for resolution; time used to detect this issue with may not be refunded in most cases.
- Support for third party hardware may require some research, specially if the device is not listed under the Certified Hardware section. The engineer will inform you of this, to continue under your consent. If the hardware is not listed as a certified device, engineers will perform a best-effort attempt to connect the device with Elastix. All research time will be deducted from the customer’s support time.
- If the issue is hardware-related, the support engineer will inform the customer for him to start an RMA process with the manufacturer. If the issue is related to Elastix hardware, the support engineer will instruct the customer with the proper procedure to start the RMA process.
- Elastix releases its software free of charge, and fully available, on the condition that the customer accepts it as it’s found. The customer complies he has performed adequate tests to ensure the software is fit for his purposes.
- Elastix takes no responsibility, and will not be liable, for any incident caused by server downtime, data loss, or any other inconvenient directly or indirectly related to the use of this software and/or the support services provided by our engineers.
- Elastix takes no responsibility, and will not be liable, for any legal issue, caused by the inappropriate configurations or misuse of our software.
Regarding the support service
- Elastix Engineers will deliver the support service in a Best-effort approach to return your server to full operational conditions.
- Elastix and/or the engineers take no responsibility for any failure in the server caused by third party configurations, additional modules installed using un-official means, or any modification to the normal installation of the software using the ISO images found on our website.
- The customer is responsible for communicating the engineer in a timely manner about any existent configuration, service, module or any factor that can affect the stability, performance, integrity, or in any way the normal operation of Elastix; any issue that occurs due to omitting this critical information relies on the customer and will not be subject to refunds or reclaims.
Regarding the support service chat platform and access
- The SLA is an average, industry-based response time. The maximum waiting time will be applicable if the customer remains connected during a continuous period.
- Time of the support access codes will not be deducted while the customer is waiting for support.
- Constant efforts are made to keep the service running smoothly and without issues. Despite being very unusual, Elastix takes no responsibility, and will not be liable, for any uncontrolled incident that causes the support platform to be unavailable, affecting the established SLA time for response. This incidental issues may include, but are not limited to: natural disasters, political/military conflicts, third-party service provider’s general failures, peaks in customer support requests, or other aspects beyond our control.
- Customer agrees to remain connected to the chat support platform at all times during the support session. If by some reason the session is disconnected and the engineers agrees to keep performing tasks for the customer this time will be deducted from the support ticket after the session ends.
- Also, if by any reason the engineer agrees to keep providing service despite the support time ends, he will inform the customer about this, and the used time will be deducted from new support access codes when the customer purchases them.
Requisites to obtain support
To ensure your support experience goes smoothly, please check you meet these requisites before connecting to prevent time loss in your ticket or delays. – Installed and running version of Elastix, with an accessible IP address. – Access to your Elastix, by one or more of the following methods: – SSH (port 22) access – HTTPS (port 443) access – Public IP that can be accessed by our engineers – Private IP that can be reached using remote control software and a computer in the local network – Elastix web interface administrator password – Elastix command line “root” password – Remote control TeamViewer application
Covered support tasks
- How-to assistance and guidance
- Deployment projects
- Brief software operation explanation
- Elastix related configuration covered
- Deployment issues
- Configuration of Modules Developed by PaloSanto Solutions (addons)
- Call Center Community
- DINOMI / Call Center PRO
- Any module explicitly developed by PaloSanto Solutions
- Basic configuration of third party modules
- Security configurations
- Additional layer for web authentication
- Register extensions in specific networks
- Limit the maximum number of calls per extension
- Limit call duration
- High Availability deployment
- Active-passive cluster schema
- Information synchronization with another server
- Edit incoming and outgoing Caller ID
- Create call profiles: internal, local, mobile, national, international
- Basic scripting Some functionalities may not be covered by this service but by a development project, please request assistance first by writing to email@example.com, covered tasks involve:
- AGI scripting
- Generate reports with administrator privileges for monitoring users (depends on type of report requested)
- Send recordings by email
- Store recordings and backups in an external drive
- Customize recording files name format
- Script for automatic deletion of old recordings
- Customization of dial plans or PBX functionality (not extensive)
- Integrate PBX with unified dialing
- Edit FreePBX templates
- Streaming MoH/external audio devices
- g729 and g723 codec installation (Licenses for proprietary codecs must be acquired separately)
- Video calls configurations
- Static networks for SIP providers
- Monitoring queues status (BLF)
- Automatic telemarketing/collection campaigns
- Service quality survey
- Answering machine detection
- Agents coaching
- Changes in Elastix and/or Asterisk configuration
- Research and/or case diagnosis
- Assistance in Call Center setup
- Troubleshooting / Workaround
- Remote access configurations and security enforcement
- Integration of the phone book module with incoming calls+
- Automatic generation of extensions address book in XML format, so they can be downloaded by IP handsets+ +Applies for models listed on the certified hardware, see the Certified Equipment section for information on supported phones)
- Hardware setup (see the Certified Equipment section for eligible devices)
- Server optimization and tuning
NOT Covered support tasks
- Bug resolutions in Elastix components like:
- Operating system
- Core modules (Asterisk, FreePBX, etc.)
- Hardware issues due to incompatible devices (See more info at the Certified Equipment section)
- Software development, programming or scripting to create functionality, that requires modification to the source code of Elastix files. This type of tasks belong to a development project and must be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org to be assessed by the developers team
- Database Queries (for calls)
- Text to Speech using GoogleTTS
- Web service integrations
- Modification or configuration of third party modules (Addons)
- Network configurations that affect the normal behavior of Elastix. The engineers can suggest changes to fix network-related issues but they are not obliged to perform these tasks themselves.
- Provision of call recording or audios
- Provision of voice recordings for IVR
- Troubleshooting of issues with third party software (addons) not developed by PaloSanto solutions
- Any other services not listed as included
- Hardware protection insurance
- Manufacturing warranty extension
- Immediate Hardware Replace service
- Software consulting
- Support to systems not included in the default installation of Elastix and not developed by PaloSanto Solutions
- Any other service not included
Elastix is based on CentOS, server and hardware compatibility is related to the version of the relying operating system and the drivers available:
- Elastix 2.5 –> CentOS 5.9
- Elastix MT –> CentOS 6
- Elastix 4.x –> CentOS 7
Regarding phones and supported telephony hardware, refer to this page in our Elastix.org site.
When trying to access with my support ticket I get an error message saying the ticket doesn’t exist. What do I do?
You should verify you have entered the right number, without blank spaces before or after. Please also check you are not entering the example ticket number provided in the support guide.
When trying to access with my support ticket, I click “Connect”, but nothing happens. What do I do?
It may be that you haven’t ended your previous support session correctly, and that your ticket is locked. Send an email to email@example.com to request its unlocking.
I’ve purchased a support ticket, the value has been deducted from my credit card, but I haven’t received the ticket. What do I do?
It may be that the intermediary payments verifier has had an issue, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your purchase and request the generation of your support ticket.
I’m accessing the support platform, but I’m having connection issues. What do I do?
Send an email to email@example.com, we will get back to you, and assist in your support requirement, while the problem is being solved.
If I wish to confirm the feasibility for a requirement and/or the time it could take, who can help me?
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, one of the certified engineers will take your request. ## Non disclosure agreement (NDA) All information exchanged during a chat support session will be treated as confidential between Elastix Certified Support engineers and the customers.
Elastix agrees to maintain strict confidentiality of any information handled during the support sessions. However Elastix or the certified engineers will not be liable for incidents like third-party intrusive attacks, server failures, or security breaches that could have compromised this information on the customer server.