Zero-menu Call Flow - 3cx

New to using the Free version of 3CX and I'd like to set up a very simple flow for inbound calls. I'd like a greetings message without a menu to be played to the customer like this "Thanks for calling company A. Please wait while we connect your call". I'd then like the call to be forwarded to a ring group while Music on Hold is playing.

So far i have tried setting up a Digital Receptionist extension in which i am leaving all menu options in their defaults "Nothing". I then set my DIDs to receive calls directly to the extension. Then in the "Destination for no or invalid input" i have set to connect to a Ring Group for both "If no input in 10 seconds" and for "if input is invalid"

This is not working for me although theoretically it looks like it should work. Any ideas? Thanks

AJP

Staff member
New to using the Free version of 3CX and I'd like to set up a very simple flow for inbound calls. I'd like a greetings message without a menu to be played to the customer like this "Thanks for calling company A. Please wait while we connect your call". I'd then like the call to be forwarded to a ring group while Music on Hold is playing.

So far i have tried setting up a Digital Receptionist extension in which i am leaving all menu options in their defaults "Nothing". I then set my DIDs to receive calls directly to the extension. Then in the "Destination for no or invalid input" i have set to connect to a Ring Group for both "If no input in 10 seconds" and for "if input is invalid"

This is not working for me although theoretically it looks like it should work. Any ideas? Thanks
I'll explain how the behavior is for the invalid option.

First of all this depends on how many digits your extensions are.

Let's take the example that they are 3 digits.

If I call the IVR 805 that has nothing more configured the following:

1) Ring Group
2) Queue

Only inputs 1 and 2 will be routed to a destination. The others will have no action.

By default people are allowed to dial the extension number if they know it. In my example if they are three digits, this means that it will wait for at least 3 digits and separate them by comma. Example person dialed 4015 pbx analyzed that as 401,5
then verify whether 401 is an extension or not, otherwise it will go to the invalid input destination.

If my extensions are 3 digits and I dial 845 that is an extension that does not exist in the PBX, then the call goes to the destination configured as an invalid entry.

If the person calls ivr and dial example 84, the message is repeated again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114