Zaptel dies at random intervals.

Discussion in 'General' started by kman, Oct 8, 2008.

1. kman

Hi all,

I have a a production Elastix system with a Digium TDM410P (2xFXS, 2xFXO) card installed and working, but it seems the analogue lines/extensions spontaneously stop working after a seemingly random interval.

Restarting the server brings it all up again. Shutting down Asterisk, restarting Zaptel and starting Asterisk again also fix the symptom. But at a random interval it will fall over again with no apparent cause.

It's not all that critical, it's only used for a single cordless handset at present, but annoying all the same. Has anyone seen this before? I found a post on the Trixbox forum with the same fault, but no resolution and no other leads.

Any help is appreciated.

Dave.

2. kman

Bump! I'm still scratching my head with this one.

There are no messages, no errors, and I can't repeat the problem. All the things you'd like to have in problem solving are absent, I'm lost!

Thanks in advance folks.

3. Telco

Sounds like it might be a bad card. I had a Rhino Card that was doing the same thing. I swapped the card and it fixed my issue. Have you upgraded your system or is it a clean install? Sometimes the upgrade can cause problems with the zaptel drivers.

-T

4. kman

Could well be a bad card, but without being able to repeat the fault it impossible to diagnose.

The box was originally a 0.9 install, fresh install to 1.0, then progressive upgrades to the current version 1.3-2. This problem started some months ago and I assumed it was something in my config that was to blame. Since then I've done a build from the Zaptel 1.4.11 sources and the problem hasn't changed.

Lastly, I've found that the card is sharing an interrupt with the USB hub, the mainboard I'm using doesn't allow me to change it. Could this be the cause?

Dave.

5. kman

I've just installed Zaptel 1.4.12.1 from sources, I'll let you all know if anything changes.

Thanks folks.

6. kman

Hi again all,

This problem has been happening now for some months without change and it's getting to be ridiculous. I have two production systems exhibiting the same fault and I'm still unable to pin-point the cause.

Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks in advance.

Dave.