Zaptel causes kernel panic under Xen

Discussion in 'General' started by EricL, Aug 16, 2007.

1. EricL

I've been having all kinds of craziness trying to get Elastix to install and run under Xen. Unfortunately, since I'm not running a host distribution that has virt-manager, the virtualization article in the documentation section doesn't really help me. I'm working with xm only, without the handy tools.

Here's the problem. I finally got Elastix 0.8-4 to install completely under Xen. Yanked the kernel and the initrd out of the disk image and managed to get it to boot (sort of). First run, Zaptel complains that it can't load the module, and Asterisk takes a very long time to start. Still, it does eventually get to a login prompt, however the web interface doesn't seem to want to connect. (I can SSH into the machine, so apparently network bridging is working fine.) I figure at least part of it is that the Xen zaptel modules aren't loaded, so I load them over Yum. Next boot, the kernel panics as soon as the Zaptel service starts.

Any ideas?

Eric

2. EricL

No takers? Awww...

I even installed CentOS 5 on my server and followed all the instructions to the letter. System came up until the first update, when kernel-modules-xen was installed. Now can't salvage it at all!

Eric