Zapata.conf breaks on Yum Update

DaveD

When updating 1.2 to 1.3 from yum it renames zapata.conf to zapata.confrpmnew.This breaks your working zaptel

When you go into hardware detection none of your zaptel hardware detects and if you say replace zapata config it tells you it can't save.

Fix I used was to edit the file it renamed and to rename it back to zapata.conf restarted asterisk and all worked again

Thought I would post this before any one else gets caught out

rafael

Thanks DaveD,
----------
cp /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.rpmsave /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
amportal restart
-------

saludos,

Rafael

jandir

I did this but I still don't see my ZAP trunk in FOP and When I call my ZAP line asterisk does not seem to handle it. I can see the ZAP Trunk in the PBX->Configuration->Trunks list. I have done a amportal restart and a system restart. I have disabled and enabled the ZAP trunk.

Do I need to rebuild the trunk again.

Please help. I use the Zap line for faxes.

rafael

My mistake I corrected the post above it is not .rpmnew but .rpmsave.

Saludos,

Rafael

jandir

Too late. I deleted all of my zapata config then copied the zapata.conf file from an old backup and re-created the zapata config (trunks, inbound, outbound routes, etc.). Now zaptel call processing is back to normal however I cannot see my zaptel trunk in FOP. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

jandir

centritech

How could this issue make it in to an official production release? This seems like it should have been caught during beta testing.

jades

Rafael, will you be fixing this update so that people won't have any issues with zapata.conf?

jandir

jandir said:
Never mind. Edited the FOP config file (op_buttons_additional.cfg) as described on http://www.asternic.org/documentation.html#configuration. Also got rid of a few spurious buttons that had appeared on FOP trunk list.
Everything back to normal.
Sorry, spoke too soon. FOP still broken. Everytime I change trunk config in Elastix, Elastix will come in and overwrite the FOP config files and wipes out the ZAP entry.

How do I fix this?

saleh

jandir

Works now.

Thanks Saleh.

rafael

BTW the update error is fixed since yesterday. Haven't had time to post it here yet. Sorry for the delay.

Saludos,

Rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeljag_19