Zap trunks,dial rules and Patterns for FXO

Discussion in 'General' started by Shuvo, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Shuvo

Hi
    I am Using TDM808P FXO card with 8 ports and i have configured a Zap trunk and an outgoing route.Its working when i call to the mob numbers.But when i call to the Land lines that is NXXXXXX its not.I am using a Outbound Number that is NXXXXXX and to call this type of 7 digit number we dont require an prefix.by the way my incoming is working perfectly.Here bellows my dial pattern that i am using now....

0|.
    801|.

And dial Rules is...

0|.
    801|.

I was previously using asterisk and from there i experienced that in this type of dial pattern anything after the 0/801 will be sent to the trunk that is if I dial 0NXXXXXX or 801NXXXXXX the MXXXXXX will be sent to the trunk ( Reference Elastix Without Tears ) but for elastix is not working.

I need your urgently. Anyone...please help me out.

regards
    Shuvo

2. dicko

You have no default (.) and do not specifically allow NXXXXXX in trunk or outbound, it would be good to have one or the other :)

I suggest you specifically add:

NXXXXXX
    to your allowed dial patterns. (to speed up call completion)

It is generally cleaner to set the trunk transformations necessary for "normalized dialing" in the trunk dial patterns and use the outbound routes just for system wide permission and trunk selection.