ZAP Channels DIDs issues

Nakkoush

Dear Experts,
I am trying to use the ZAP Channels DIDs under FreePBX but it seems not working as well.. (I use Elastix 1.3)

I have assigned to each of my ZAP trunks channels a DID number and edited my zapata.conf (context = from-zaptel)

After setting up my inbounds routes to match the above entered DIDs, my calls are still arriving to my catch-all inbound routes (any CID any DID)..

Any idea?

DaveD

any CID any DID will over ride any other settings you put in as it is a catch all

Remove the catch all and it should route as you want if set correctly

Nakkoush

DaveD said:
any CID any DID will over ride any other settings you put in as it is a catch all

Remove the catch all and it should route as you want if set correctly
DaveD, I will disable the catch-all inbound route and get back to you here, BUT I doubt about it as for my understanding for such rule (catch-all any DID & any CID) is meant for calls with no DID info..

Nakkoush

@ DaveD, I tried to remove the Catch-All inbound route and set a new inboude router with a DID that was assigned to the ZAP channel.. I can confirm that it is still not working.

Any idea?

Redfone

Hi Nakkoush,

Try to confirm if your telco is passing the complete number or just the last 4 digits on the DID.
In the US for example, depending on the telco they will sometimes pass the full 10 digit DID; ex.

305-555-1234

And other times they will just pass the last 4 digits; Ex.

Asterisk/Elastix can only act on the numbers as they are presented to it. So if you have a 10 digit DID rule setup and the telco only passes the last 4, Asterisk will not match it to the dial rule.

I hope this helps.

-Redfone

Nakkoush

@Redfone: The telco where I am implementing Elastix does not send any DID or CID.. That is why I have to use and apply a DID for my ZAP trunks channels which is a feature available with FreePBX. I must use this feature to organize my inbound routes which is vital and far better than using the catch-all inbound route which I started with in the beginning..

Redfone

If they don't include CID/DID information in the inbound calls, how will Asterisk know how to route the call?

Is this a PRI trunk or POTs lines?

Nakkoush

Redfone said:
If they don't include CID/DID information in the inbound calls, how will Asterisk know how to route the call?

Is this a PRI trunk or POTs lines?
That is why there is an option under FreePBX / Tools / Inbound Call Control / ZAP Channel DIDs which is meant to "allow you assigning a DID to specific Zap Channels".. just open it and you will read its description..

Have you experts tested it? I want to avoid spending a lot of times if it is known to be a broken feature

vtofa

It works, but only with tweaks.
I just got doing this a couple of days ago.
I had to do this to make it work:
1. Assign the DIDs with FreePBX
2. Edit the file: /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf
change line 46 to read context_lines=from-zaptel
3. re-detect your hardware using Elastix hardware detection
4. Assign your incoming routes.
I have successfully done this with a ZapMicro card & with Sangoma A200D & A400DX

Nakkoush

vtofa said:
It works, but only with tweaks.
I just got doing this a couple of days ago.
I had to do this to make it work:
1. Assign the DIDs with FreePBX
2. Edit the file: /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf
change line 46 to read context_lines=from-zaptel
3. re-detect your hardware using Elastix hardware detection
4. Assign your incoming routes.
I have successfully done this with a ZapMicro card & with Sangoma A200D & A400DX
vtofa, sorry for my late reply. I just had the chance to test your solution and unforunately it did not work..

1- Appart from editing the file /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf, did you edit as well zapata.conf and changed context = from-zaptel or only file genzaptelconf?
2- After detecting your hardware, did you select Replace file zapata.conf?
3- Did you restart your sytem after making your editing or just applied the changes?
4- Does it matter if you add the incoming routes from FreePBX or from Elastix?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr