Zap Channel DIDs - CONFUSING

torontob

Hello Everyone,

It's either me or the bad choice of name that throws me off for Zap Channels DID and it's lack of appearence in the embeded version of FreePBX for Elastix. What does Zap have to do with DIDs at all? I know that older versions on inbound and outbound simply allowed you to dial or receive through specific Zap channel but now it's a multi step to configure this and still can't this working. I only get g0 to receive or send or none if I configure individual channels. I want to manage the 20 analogue lines here, can someone please detail as to how Zap Channel DIDs should be set? I hate the fact that there is no documentation on it on freepbx site, argggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!

http://freepbx.org/support/documentation/module-documentation/zap-channel-dids

Why change things and not document?

ramoncio

Which Elastix version do you use?
There are still some zaptel/dahdi problems in 1.4 and 1.5.
Try with 1.3, you should be fine.

torontob

Thanks for the feedback. I am just not sure if I am getting this config right since there is no documentation despite the fact that the little pop boxes tell you what to type for Zap channels, I am not sure how the Trunk should be setup; specifically, what should be the channel field for trunk.

ramoncio

With lszaptel you can see the zaptel channels. In the first column you have the channel number.
First zap channel is ZAP/1, but you have to identify your trunks and extensions, depending if you have fxs's, fxo's, or both.
I don't understand very well what problems are you having with the dids. Every analog channel (at least here in Spain) has associated a did number. You just have to identify the ZAP channels that correspond with each did.

dicko

torontob:

Further to ramoncio's posting, to try and unconfuse you as to DID/CID etc I believe ramoncio uses "did" in his post as a synonym for "Directory Number" i.e. the phone number itself, this is not sent with each call like true did's do and must be statically assigned, ZAP channels (fxo and fxs) can be identified explicitly by running "zttool" from the bash shell and noticing activity on the individual channels as you make and receive calls.
(unless with 20 lines you do indeed have did's sent in which case as previously noted only the last few digits are sent of the number to identify which in the block is being addressed, in which case the trunk must be in "immediate" mode for the did's to "spill" and the call then routed only on the spilled numbers, then the trunks should be in ffrom-pstn and not from-zaptel, which is used to synthesize did in it's absence )

hope that helps.

dicko

torontob:

Maybe the the light of dawn has burst on my self, Have you purchased a block of 20 numbers delivered over a T1 from the telco, and is that T1 a PRI or a legacy 24 channel AT&T style trunk? Or are they 20 individual analog trunks?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti