Yupee!! Got everything (almost) to work

Discussion in 'General' started by protenus, Jul 10, 2008.

1. protenus

Ok, after battling the code, and learning Spanish :p , we have gotten everything working for a set up with 30 call agents, form with 24 questions, and processing uploaded call lists of 5500 calls, each with 10 uploaded parameters other than phone number.

Needed to make quite a few changes to the code to make things work.

Also have added a couple new "features"

1) When the call is disconnected, either by agent or by called party, the user is not put immediately to the next call. The form remains and can be filled out and saved. This is CRUCIAL to a working call center, because if a call is dropped in the middle of a questionable, and the agent is whisked away from the questionable, then valuable, irreplaceable data is lost, and the application is almost unusable.

2) Call Back Scheduling: For those pesky dropped calls, or people who say "my wife decides on these things, call her back in an hour", we added another tab which allows the agent to reschedule the call for a specific date and time in the future. The dialer then, at the appointed date and time, puts the call at the top of the queue.

One Remaining Problem

Saved form data does not handle UTF-8 in storage and export, which is quite a big problem if you work with a language that needs special chars (?

2. ghost0X

i have the same problem with callcenter module I hope that you give me the code plz my email is : ghost0X@gmail.com

3. ghost0X

i have the same problem with callcenter module I hope that you give me the code plz my email is : ghost0X@gmail.com

4. protenus

New problems have come up, do you have anyone who can help with these last issues?

5. venkatpilla

Hi Protenus,

Yep I agree, ACW is a very important feature for any call center and congratulation on getting that working. I have just started to look at implementing that feature, if you could share that code with community that would be great.

Coming to your problem, I think just like Hungary, Croatia also uses a double byte charset, hence I would say use utf-16, which is good. BTW what does it come back when you run "locale" command. If you need changing locale setting I would say change it in /etc/sysconfig/i18n and do a system restart, and check.

Let me know if it helps

Cheers
    Venkat

6. gabriel

7. protenus

We use utf8 here.. The db is already set to utf8

locale returns

Code:
    [root@callcenter ~]# locale
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=

8. protenus

Give me a couple days to wrinkle out som bugs... and will post it here...

9. venkatpilla

How about changing it to one of the following and checking ?

sh_BA.UTF-8 : Serbo-Croatian (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

sh_HR.UTF-8 : Serbo-Croatian (Croatia)

sh_CS.UTF-8 : Serbo-Croatian (Republic of Serbia and Montenegro)

I had the same kind of problem with one of my web based implementations in Hungary, the only way I found of fixing it was changing my locale to utf16.

10. leito

Protenus, me podes enviar el codigo y explicar como hiciste para hacer estas modificaciones, gracias, leobotto5@hotmail.com

11. saudade

well congratulations are in order for you guys but, it would simply be awesome if you posted a link so Us peers could get the code too. Anyway if you have time perhaps you could e-mail it to: mmolina@tecnicanetworks.com.
    I thank you in advance and again good job.

12. nassim

Hi protenus !

Thank you for your proposal !
    A lot of people are going to see interest in your work (including me)

Thanks again for your help.
    I'll leave my email here too : nassim _DOT_ ksurf _AT_ gmail.com

Best regards
    -
    -
    Nassim Bennouna

13. azmerlin

Hey there,
    I cant get it working, I have ( with ver 1.1) added agents and in IE managed to try and log in, it calls me and asks me for my number, logs me in and then the web interface logs me out. On top of this I keep on getting error messages in Spanish.
    If you got this working, please share:
    ayalz@qballtech.net

14. azmerlin

Hey there,
    I cant get it working, I have ( with ver 1.1) added agents and in IE managed to try and log in, it calls me and asks me for my number, logs me in and then the web interface logs me out. On top of this I keep on getting error messages in Spanish.
    If you got this working, please share:
    ayalz@qballtech.net

15. venkatpilla

Hey azmerlin,

I think IE and Fire Fox 3, are not currently supported with call center module.

Use Firefox 2, and it should work fine.

Cheers
    Venkat

16. azmerlin

Thanks for the tip, seems a bit better now, now all I need to do is read the user manual as I am not a CC person, most annoying to me is that I am now able to log in, it calls me, I enter me PW and the CC page opens, but what do I do now, do I stay perminantly connected ? seems that if I hang up the phone I get logged out ?
    THanks

17. venkatpilla

Yep, the only way call centre web module and elastix dialer can keep track of the agents is by keeping the line up (there are other ways but this module was not written in that way) hence you will hear the MOH and the line will be up.

Next thing is if you want to use this for inbound or outbound : depending on your need configure a campaign or a inbound queue and start making and receiving calls, you might also want to play with vtiger crm, form,script integration.

In case you need help just post it in forum, and some one will help.

18. azmerlin

Thanks for the help,
    I am starting to get an understanding of this, but am afraid I can not read Spanish, I am trying to add the components for incoming and outgoing calls, but am missing something and some of the dropdowns and other parts are in Spanish.
    Is there a sample PBX somewhere I can log into aven as a user to see what was done, I am not even sure if I am adding clients, as after I upload the CSV file I get some stuff in Spanish, so I have no idea what it is supposed to look like when done properly, the user manual is not very descriptive either.
    Thanks

19. ciacho

I give up with elastix... and go to vicidialnow. It has better support, good autodialer and much more functions than elastix.

20. venkatpilla

Hey Protenus,
    Did you get to sort out the bugs, Can you post this code.
    As I said earlier, I am trying to do the same, but understanding spainsh is taking a bit of toll right now.
    Cheers
    Venkat