yum upgrade to 1.5.2-2.3 makes PBX audio unstable

MadDogMike

Hey all,

Has anyone else experienced audio issues with the lates upgrade?

Reason I ask is that I had a pefect PBX with mISDN trunk and audio calls both inwards and outgoing were fine through mISDN and internal calls with the standard 1.5.2 release.

Since a yum update to 1.5.2-2.3 users are complaining about broken audio and audio fading in and out during calls. Automatic gain seems to be affected too as calls seem to be overmodulated. :(

I had to disable the chan_woomera.so as the hard drive was filling up quite quickly with its log files, something it didn't do before. Deleting the /var/log/asterisk/ log files brought disk usage down from 50% to only the normal 13% within a day after the upgrade.

Also, mISDN incomming calls sporadically don't ring through to the PBX, but instead only ring the telephone I have attached directly to the analogue port of the ISDN NT box. Quite strange...:S

It would be great to be able to have a menu where you could be proposed and allowed to choose to enable or disable the new features being added to the PBX in any new releases. :eek:hmy:

I am not an Elastix guru, but this PBX box is great work so far!

Kudos to the development team and the rest of the Elastix following.

B)

mDm

:silly:

telecomtechnician

Hi there

Upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5-2 is a big jump. There are a lot of changes. You did something wrong, !!!upgraded a production machine!!!
I suggest to you to go back to elastix 1.3. Clone the production machine in another box, and start playing with elastix 1.5-2. Do all the tests possible and ONLY WHEN you are sure that is working good, install it in the production box.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

MadDogMike

David,

You obviously did not RTFP (Read the Friggin Post) properly.

I mentioned I had 1.5.2 not the 1.3 you claim and seem to think I had installed. You woulda seen that if you'd read the posting properly.

I did a yum update from 1.5.2 to 1.5.2-2.3 after a few days of just working fine. Chan_woomera seemed to be installed since 1.5.2 or am I wrong?

I am a technician too, but I have learned to read the postings carefully before I put my 1/2 cents worth down for all to see and criticize. You aint gonna gain fame by shooting newbies down coz you think u are cleverer....dudeeeo!

I live in a third world country where there aren't an abundance of spare ISDN lines and users lying around to be used and abused just for testing purposes on production or non-production machines. I report on my real world case and follow basic instructions highly suggested by these very forums.

Or maybe I should go and sell my wife and rather buy a bank of testing computers and ISDN lines just to prove a point to myself. :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for your valued input. Guess I better word my next posting carefullyier !? :dry:

Oh and I am not trying to start a technical war either so dont take it personally, just asking questions in de forum, and as always I may be wong.

mDm

:woohoo:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc