Yum upgrade stalled (internet)

Discussion in 'General' started by amartin, Jun 3, 2009.

  1. amartin

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2008
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    I was downloading the latest updates with yum and my ISP stalled. Yum died and now I can get it restarted. It says it has a bunch of packages waiting to be installed then errors out.

    example:
    ---> Package libselinux.i386 0:1.33.4-5.1.el5 set to be updated
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package libselinux-utils.i386 0:1.33.4-5.1.el5 set to be updated
    ---> Package libopenr2.i386 0:1.1.0-1 set to be updated
    ---> Package kernel-module-dahdi-xen.i386 0:2.1.0.4-7_2.6.18_92.1.22.el5 set to be updated
    ---> Package kernel-module-dahdi.i386 0:2.1.0.4-7_2.6.18_92.1.22.el5 set to be updated
    ---> Package dbus-libs.i386 0:1.1.2-12.el5 set to be updated
    --> Processing Conflict: elfutils-libelf conflicts elfutils > 0.125-3.el5
    --> Processing Conflict: elfutils-libs conflicts elfutils > 0.125-3.el5
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: elfutils-libelf conflicts with elfutils > 0.125-3.el5
    Error: elfutils-libs conflicts with elfutils > 0.125-3.el5


    This just a copy of the last few lines.
     
  2. donhwyo

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
    Messages:
    293
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try yum clean all.

    Good luck,
    Don
     
  3. amartin

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2008
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you for your help, unfortunately it didn't work but I appreciate the effort.

    I did some more searching and found this: yum --exclude=audit --exclude=elfutils update

    This ran and finished but, then I got another message: There are unfinished transactions remaining. You might consider running yum-complete-transaction first to finish them.


    So then I found out I needed to download yum-utils via: yum install yum-utils

    Then I ran: yum-complete-transaction Which updated elf-utils and removed a bunch of packages.

    This allowed me to run yum upgrade which is currently running.

    I will post on the final results.

    Edit: IT finished correctly.

    Though I'm getting an error when I click on echo cancel: Error: The module modules/echo_canceller/index.php could not be found
     

Share This Page