yum update problem

Discussion in 'General' started by tarnok, May 9, 2009.

1. tarnok

Performed a 'yum update' and this was shown:
    Code:
    elastix-1.5.2-2.noarch from elastix has depsolving problems
      --> Missing Dependency: elastix-sugarcrm is needed by package elastix-1.5.2-2.noarch (elastix)
    Error: Missing Dependency: elastix-sugarcrm is needed by package elastix-1.5.2-2.noarch (elastix)
    so I did a yum search sugar-crm and nothing was found. I assume I need to update the repos but unsure how, any help?

2. ramoncio

If it is a production machine, first make all kind of backups. Elastix web interface backup, unembedded freepbx backup and mondo backup. You can find a script to install mondoarchive here in the forum, search for it.
    After all the backups and even restoring the mondo backup into another hard drive and testing it's ok, then try with this in the bash console:

rpm -e elastix-sugarcrm
    yum -y install elastix-sugarcrm
    yum update -y

3. dicko

Unfortunately at this point in time the repositories appear to be broken, elastix-sugarcrm is not available in the repositories but is a dependancy of elastix 1.5.2-3.2.

That would be a catch-22 in my mind.

you can remove the existing elastix-sugarcrm with an rpm --nodeps argument but otherwise there is an circular dependency that is unresolvable. so if you remove it you are SOOL and if you try to install it you are equally SOOL.. (as of the current 1.5 final release anyway)

4. ramoncio

It should be in the Elastix extras repository.
    Are you sure you have it enabled? I don't have any 1.5.2 version here to see it.

5. dicko

I agree , it should be, but as of two hours ago it wasn't and yes I do B)

in fact the repository at http://repo.elastix.org/elastix/1/ appears all too sparse for to be actually functional.

6. tarnok

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Went ahead and created a mondo backup. Going to boot it on a sepearte machine and try the yum -y update until the updates work. I havn't tried ramancios suggestion, but I am confused how that would work unless the sugarcrm is put back into the repos.

So I suppose waiting is the name of the game? And while on the subject, with regards to production servers, is it or is it not good form to keep it updated?

7. dicko

I found a copy of elastix-sugarcrm hidden in the elastix repository

rpm -Uhv http://repo.elastix.org/elastix/1.3/bas ... noarch.rpm

fixed the dependancy issues for me

but yum update had a problem with the wanpipe modules and decided to set my default boot to a XEN kernel, (which isn't appropriate on this machine, it's a VMware instance)

a

yum remove *wanpipe*
    yum install *wanpipe*
    resolved these issues on booting into the new kernel,
    now to find a vmware kernel to suit