yum update and freepbx is dead

Discussion in 'General' started by mattrh, Nov 8, 2009.

1. mattrh

so i did a yum update yesterday to go to elastix 1.5 from 1.3. it went well over all but now every time i press apply config changes in free pbx asterisk crashes out and i have to restart to get it going again. Help where would i even start with this problem?

2. DaveD

I had the same issue in 1.5, but since going to 1.6.9 have not had any issues and it also seems to have lower resource usage overall

3. mattrh

hey DaveD,

did you do a clean install of 1.6.9? i have way to much to do a clean install. I guess i am going to have to wait till 1.6 gets into the yum repository.

:(

4. DaveD

Yes mattrh

I did A clean install, I had a lot of configs to move from 1.5 but it was worth it as the system no longer locks up after applying configs

Most of mine was a copy paste job to restore most of my settings and also updated to freepbx 2.6 while at it

5. Patrick_elx

after an upgrade, you will probably have to go to unembedded freepbx and go to each page of extensions, trunk, routes, etc... and just save/apply for each of them.

At the end, do the freepbx reload.

6. mattrh

DaveD- well i am glad that fixed your issues, but i am unable to do a clean install at this time.

Patrick_eix- i will give that a try, i hope that fixes my issues. well i should say my freepbx issues lol.