yum install asterisk - cant dial out (ZAP)

Discussion in 'General' started by rslrdx, Jul 14, 2009.

1. rslrdx

Hi and TIA

After a few months I decided to upgrade the server, so I did a "yum install elastix" and also upgraded freepbx and all of its modules. everything was fine, but I decided to upgrade asterisk too, so I did a "yum install asterisk" and it seemed to work, till I trying to dial out.

I have 2 ZAP trunks and they are only working when recieving calls, everything get routed correctly, but when I try to dial out I get a message "all circuits are busy now...."

So I'm wondering if anyone has any inputs on this lovelly "oops" I just created. I'd love not to reinstall the server from square one again.

just to be clear, I've rebooted, redetected the board (openvox A400P), recreated the routes and everything else.. still not able to dial out, but everything else works

Any help is appreciated, hopefully before I have to reinstall.

Rodrigo.

2. mattrh

the problem is:

once you upgrade to the new version of elastix and asterisk ZAP is not longer used. it has be replaced by dahdi.

i would say try:

modprobe dahdi
    modprobe wctdm

then :

asterisk -vvvvvr

dahdi show channels

hope that helps.

what i have seen it is better just to reinstall if it is a small server.

3. rslrdx

Thanks for the effort, but i needed the server back in place and did get the chance to wait much, at least now its on the latest release.

Thank you.
    Rodrigo

4. leevancleef

I have a similar setup, and it's working fine

What is in your /etc/dahdi/system.conf and your /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels ?

Regards