You can use Trixbox repositories too

Discussion in 'General' started by ramoncio, Feb 10, 2007.

1. ramoncio

I added Trixbox repositories and have been able to install webmin and phpmyadmin without problems.
    In one test machine (PII@350_128mb_15gb) I did a yum -y update after adding the repositories, and many packages updated (even asterisk and zaptel_modules). I thougth I messed all up, but everything seems to work ok. Actually, I had some problems with incoming calls through the zap line of my X100P clone, but it was because I tried to configure fax detection and iaxfax but did it wrong, and not because asterisk and zaptel_modules updates, as I first thought.

2. lek

lek Guest

Thanks for your post Ramon. It's very useful. However, we don't recomend to do a "yum update" but a "yum update package" because some packages would generate problems like asterisk and zaptel.

3. lek

lek Guest

Ramon,

To exclude some rpms for not to be updated (like asterisk and zaptel) from the trixbox repository you can add the following lines to the repo file:

exclude=asterisk*
    exclude=zaptel*

4. ramoncio

Thanks for your quick answer.
    I'm still doing some tests with the machine with updated asterisk and zaptel modules and everything seems fine until now.
    Anyway, in my shop's Elastix box I'll keep your patched versions of Asterisk and zaptel_modules.