Yeastar TDM400 on Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by paulvzyl, Aug 24, 2009.

1. paulvzyl

Im new to Elastix/Asterisk and have installed Elastix 1.5.2 over the weekend.

I am having trouble with the Yeastar TDM400 analogue card, when I call a phone connected to one of the FXS ports on the card it will ring but when I pickup I can only hear noise. It's not just a little noise,it is load and I cannot hear anything. The noise can also be heard on the IP phone calling the extension. I also hear this noise when I pickup the phone connected to the FXS port to phone a number.

The card shows up in hardware detection and displays what channels are FXO and FXS and which are in use.

I have switched off echo cancellation to see if that will fix the problem but no luck.

I also can't get the FXO line to work, at one stage when I phoned in it did answer with the same noise on the line but no phones rang or anything.

I think if I can sort out the problem with the FXS extensions that I will have better luck with the FXO.

Could this be a driver or configuration issue? They say on the website that the Yeastar TDM400 is fully compatible with the Digium TDM400 driver module wct4xxp.

2. alan8888

I have same card from yeastar as well. with the atom board But my card are with 4 port fxs , which is not problem at all. auto detect , everything goes fine.
    I also did buy some other product from them. And they support me through msn

good luck bro

3. paulvzyl

Thanks for the feedback. I have installed the card in a windows machine and loaded the windows driver.

I then ran the test tool from yeastar and the first time it did not see the FXO Module and the FXS Channels gave the error: "Initialize FXS Error - Calibrate Error!"

After a reboot the FXO Module was seen and the FXS Channels initialized and everything seemed to work fine... for while. When I tested again one of the FXS Channels gave the calibrate error and this morning the card is again not picking up the FXO module.

It seems to me like the card is faulty so I am returning the card and modules to have it tested. Will hopefully have an update in a few days time.