Yealink T22P firmware issue w/ elastix 2.0.3

Discussion in 'General' started by lrpena, Feb 18, 2011.

1. lrpena

I just upgraded a yealink SIP-T22P to firmware ver. 7.60.0.80. the problem i ran into was the phone can only call out, when you try to dial its extension it says the person is unavailable even tho its registered properly.

I compared all the settings with another phone with older firmware to make sure any settings didn't change with the upgrade, but they were set the same.

thinking it might be a bug in the firmware i tested this same phone on a online hosted freePBX system and it worked fine.

has anyone run into this issue or know what could be happening.

2. fmvillares

its not a bug in the firmware or elastix maybe a misconfig impossible to see as you dont put any information.
    Nothing is reported in asterisk bug tracker or yealink support tickets.
    Tested with asterisk 2.0.3 & 4, freepbx 2.8 and 2.9 beta asterisk 1.6.2.17 & 16 asterisk 1.8 and latest firmware 2.6 7.6 and 9.6 for all yealinks t20 t22 t28

3. lrpena

After looking further into the issue i found an incorrect entry in the sip.general.custom.conf file. it had an incorrect localnet subnet specified.

The funny thing is this was not affecting earlier versions of the firmware. only 7.60.0.80

oh well at least now its fixed properly....:)

4. fmvillares

Re: Re:Yealink T22P firmware issue w/ elastix 2.0.3

sometimes SIP parsers are programmed loosely to allow some misconfigs in favor of compatibility...in asterisk 1.8 for example the parser has pedantic=yes by default and only perfect standard sip hearders get passes