Yealink phones with endpoint configurator

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by bull_tpk, Aug 29, 2010.

1. bull_tpk

Hi there all

First post for me. I have ben working with freepbx for some years, but am not really a linux person, i have learned enough to be dangerous I guess.

I normally have my systems built by others, but having a look at elastix now as my preferred distro. Must say so far I am impressed.

Can somebody please tell me if it is possible to get the endpoint configurator to work with yealink phones. Is there a way I can manually set this, or is there an update available to include yealink phones? I have some existing linksys phones on a trixbox that are detected with the new elastix system but it wont detect the yealink phones.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in adavce

2. dicko

The currently supported devices are configured by these files:-

/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Aastra.cfg.php
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Atcom.cfg.php
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Cisco.cfg.php
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Grandstream.cfg.php
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Linksys.cfg.php
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Polycom.cfg.php
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Snom.cfg.php

Until someone writes

/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors/Yealink.cfg.php

to suit then I'm afraid you are SOL.

Any takers here, presumably Yealink users, with a little experience, If we have one here, then I suggest use an appropriate template from one of the above seven perhaps (XML or plaintext or whatever Yealink uses for provisioning), their MAC addresses will apparently be 00:15:65:HH:HH:HH ?

(S)he will need to also add the basics to these two file also:-

/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/paloSantoEndPoint.class.php
    /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/paloSantoFileEndPoint.class.php

having done that submit the patch to PaloSanto and immediately become the Yealink dude(tte) of the month.

I think at this point in time you will have to rely on "community support" , the Elastix dev's have their hands particularly full right now for other reasons ;)

dicko

3. bull_tpk

4. danardf

Hi Dick.
    And don't forget that Mac Address should be included into the database (/var/www/db/endpoint.db) to be detected.! ;)

Find a post with "sqlite3 CISCO MAC" to take some examples.

Code:
    sqlite3 /var/www/db/endpoint.db "insert into vendor (id,name,description) values (12,'Yealink','Yealing');"
    sqlite3 /var/www/db/endpoint.db "insert into model (id,name,description,id_vendor) values (50,'T28P','T28P',12);"
    sqlite3 /var/www/db/endpoint.db "insert into mac (id_vendor,value,description) values (12,'00:15:65','Yealink');"
    ID 12 is a new vendor id, because the end of id is 11 into the database.
    ID 50 is a news model id ..

Regards

5. danardf

A work seems to be in progress to include these phones.
    This work should be rebuilt all the end_point module to include more phones.

But I don't know when!

6. dicko

Hi Franck.

Probably bull_tpk will probably have to wait a little then.

. . .the Elastix dev's have their hands particularly full right now for other reasons

but between the two posts of Franck and myself, an adventurous Forum Contributer should have little trouble kicking an interim solution together.

regards

dicko

7. bull_tpk

Thank you all so much for the responses. I will keep my eyes peeled for a solution

8. chrisduncansb

This thread is a bit old - has support been added to the endpoint configurator for yealink phones yet?

9. tcpip

Yes, Elastix endoint configurator supports Yealink phones. I just set some up with it.

10. kparrish

Re: Re:Yealink phones with endpoint configurator

Hello,

Since you have successfully set up some Yealink phones with EC, did you ever run into this error:

"ERROR: (BaseEndpoint) Endpoint Yealink@192.168.1.147 failed to authenticate - HTTP Error 404: Not Found"

I can log into the phone directly, but the EC can't seem to find it...

Thanks for any info.