Yealink built-in recording DSS key

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by yesmat, Jan 5, 2011.

1. yesmat

Hi All,

We are currently testing the built-in DSS recording key on the Yealink T26 phone with Elastix 1.6 without much luck.

We are using Elastix 1.6.2-27 to be exact.

I have configured one of the DSS key with KeyEvent and Record mode according to yealink's instructions in one of their documents.

The key seem to be operating exactly as expected, as in it turns into blinking green while recording a conversation and the recording icon also appears on the LCD screen on the phone.

But the problem is we can't find the recording where expected (under ARI interface or Elastix GUI)

i made sure to turn recording on by adding both w & W under dial options under General Settings as per instructions from "Elastix without Tears".

i have also tested recording by setting the recording to "Always" under the calling extension where we have managed to record the conversation and found it under both ARI interface and also Elastix GUI.

Has anyone tested this feature on Yealink phones with Elx before?

thanks

2. yesmat

Any one please ?

3. fmvillares

do you have recordings for each person enabled in freepbx extension side as ondemand?

4. yesmat

Yes, recording is set to "On Demand" for the extension that we are using for testing. To confirm that the recording feature itself is working i have set the recording to "Always" and that worked fine without having to use any of the keys on the phone.

5. fmvillares

do you test in any phone setting to ondemand and then doing a call and pressing *1 to see if the ondemand manual call get recorded...if not is a freepbx issue or a phone dtmf one

6. yesmat

Yes i have tried that too. if i press *1 during a call the conversation gets recorded and i can download/listen to the recording, so I know that Elastix/Asterisk/FreePBX are all configured correctly.

I know that Yealink is certified to operate with Digium and Asterisk but it seems that either recording was not tested or not compatible.

any other ideas?

thanks

7. yesmat

it worked. I switched to Elastix 2.0 and it worked like a charm.

Not sure what was the problem with 1.6. both configs are identical.

thanks for your help.