Yealink Auto-Provisioning

sababa

Hey

Has anyone had any luck auto-provisioning yealink phones? I have been at it for a few weeks now with no luck. I have been following their auto-provisioning manual but its not written the best and they have no info about what/where the config files need to go in Elastix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mintra

I have to provision 45 Yealinks tommorow I dont think I will auto provision, as a "few weeks now" seems longer than a manual provision, however I would also be keen to learn how to do this

sababa

I actually just got it working
I wasn't looking in the right places at all!

There is a post in spanish that has the file endpointmanager attached about yealink auto provision. Heres the link: http://elastix.org/en/component/kunena/ ... html#63185

Do what that post says by adding the files to the var/www.... folders.
After that you just need to go to the endpoint configurator, config the phones for the extensions you want...click on set which is the button on the left in the group of two. (the new custom module you download doesnt have button names anymore, you might wanna look at the endpoint configurator before starting this)
Then you need to go to the yealink upgrade > advanced the URL should be the IP of your elastix. Diable PNP and make check new config "power on"
then just tap auto provision and it should work.

The drawback (not really a drawback) I am finding right now is the custom module from carlos.castillo has some of his settings in it but you can go to /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configurator/libs/vendors and customize it for your deployment. You would have to do this either way though and carlos has made it much easier for all of us! Thanks carlos if you see this.

I am working on changing the config file for myself right now so if you have any other questions or im not clear enough just ask.

Good Luck!

Phoneguy54

I have it partly working, but it doesn't create a yXXXXXXXXXXXX.cfg file. What do I do with the Yealink.inc.php file?

Thanks

sababa

For me it just created them automatically once I told the phone to provision from the server.
I did not have to touch Yealink.inc.php.

Hope this helps

hinzinho

I need to auto-provisioning over 40+ Yealink phones soon and getting this auto-provisioning tool to work would be great! I followed the instructions on integrating the script from carlos.castillo to Elastix as below:

1. Unzip the file.
2. Replace the endpoint.db under /var/www/db
3. Replace the endpoint_configuration directory /var/www/html/modules/
4. Change owner and group to show Asterisk instead of root for the files.
5. Set the phones using Elastix > Endpoint Configuration
6. Go to Yealink phones > Upgrade > Advanced > type in the Elastix ip under URL. Disabled PNP and Check New Config to "Power On". CLick Auto Provision and reboot the phone.

One issue with the script is that it is missing the labels on the buttons (Set, Unset, etc.) but I got that working. I added the missing codes to /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/index.php

Code:
    $lang=get_language();
    $base_dir=dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
    $lang_file="modules/$module_name/lang/$lang.lang";
    if (file_exists("$base_dir/$lang_file")) include_once "$lang_file";
    else include_once "modules/$module_name/lang/en.lang";

global $arrConf;
    global $arrConfModule;
    global $arrLang;
    global $arrLangModule;
    $arrConf = array_merge($arrConf,$arrConfModule);
    $arrLang = array_merge($arrLang,$arrLangModule);
Above
Code:
//folder path for custom templates
$base_dir=dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
Right now the phone is not provisioning. I don't see any yXXXXXXXXXXXX.cfg file under tftpboot, only y000000000000.cfg. Anybody got auto-provisioning for Yealink under Elastix working? Or tell me why the cfg files are not created?

sababa

For me it created the yxxxxxxx.cfg automatically after i set the phone to auto provision

fmvillares

Re: Re:Yealink Auto-Provisioning

why bother with so much complexity if you can install colsolgrp endpoint manager with complete support for freepbx and all yealink phones including multiline and blf support and the best...free and open souurce
http://projects.colsolgrp.net/projects/endpointman

hinzinho

The last time I used that endpointman, it messed up the Extension page and I ended up with a blank page. However this has been fixed according to the posts from http://www.elastix.org/en/component/kun ... html#70543

I will give this another try. Thanks again.

sababa

Still doesn't work

fmvillares

sorry your install then is not updated...colsolgrp endpoint is only for 2.8 freepbx and does not mess with well installed freepbx 2.8.x
of course that could mess up the embedded free pbx that elastix has because its an incomplete subset, you must use unembedded freepbx always with any external module.

sababa

OK
I am using freePBX 2.7.0.3 so theres my problem.
Can I update to 2.8 without screwing up elastix?

Thanks

fmvillares

freepbx is a fundamental part of elastix, if you update freepbx youd dont screw up elastix totally you only could screw up embedded frepbx part. not any part of the rest
but remember always create a backup before and after any major changes.

hinzinho

Everything worked out. Was able to auto-provisioning Yealink T28 with Endpoint version 2.9.0.3RC5. One thing I noticed is the voice quality of the T28 vs Polycom 550. The Polycom 550 still sound much better. I will try updating the firmware for the T28 and see if that will help.

sababa

What version of FreePBX are you using? Did you upgrade to 2.8?

hinzinho

I am running the test on Elastix 1.6.2-27 / FreePBX 2.7.0.6. What kind of issue are you having?

sababa

After I install endpoint manager the extensions page is blank until I delete endpoint manager.

I am running elastix 2.0.0.58 and FreePBX 2.7.0.10

hinzinho

Make sure you are using the Endpoint manager version 2.9.0.3RC5

fmvillares

sorry to hear that but you have with total security some problem in t28 config, you are using latest 2.6o firmware?
testing again with polycom 670 vs t28p in g722 hd voice codec and siren 14 and quality is superb in both (maybe a little better in bass tones on polycom)

sababa

I tried with that version of endpoint manager....

what do you mean by there is a security problem in the t28 config?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti