XML scripts working for all but the 6730i phones

rollinsolo

I am using Elastix 1.6, In this office I have one 57i and one 6730i, I had to change my IP scheme because it conflicted with some clients and me using openVPN, so I knew to re run setup-aastra-xml, erase the mac .cfg files reboot phones and let the new xml load, well all went fine with the 57 but for some reason no matter what I tried on the 6730 I cannot get it to work, I am using the latest scripts I believe not exactly sure how to verify that, I have visual voicemail on my 57i so Im assuming that i do is all. Anyways anyone have any ideas on how to get the 6730 to find the scripts.

dicko

make sure also that

/var/cache/aastra/

is not stale

particularly

/var/cache/aastra/startup_asterisk.cfg

rollinsolo

That was it, had to delete the 6730i info from there save it and factory default the phone and the startup script came up like normal. Thanks again. Increase Karma 1. ;)

parker b

Where is this located:
/var/cache/aastra/

Can I access this from the console or there a way to do it via the elastix or freepbx interface?

Thanks.

Lee Sharp

The leading "/" makes it an absolute path right off the root directory. Yes, it is a Linux directory, so the easiest way to get there is the console or with ssh.

parker b

The /cache/ directory does not contain /aastra/ directory and so the .cfg file referenced above doesn't exist. I have 9133i phones in my private network registered to my elastix server which is on the public side. I didn't use the endpoint configurator to add the phones, I did it manually. I have exported and looked at the local and server config files on those phones and they reference the proper IP but I get the 'no matching peer found' notice over and over from my extensions that are trying to register to the wrong IP address. Where else can I look to find and fix this issue?

Lee Sharp

Since they were manually configured, they either have to be manually reconfigured, or manually reset to the default config. The endpoint configurator is designed to work on phones with the default configuration. There was no /var/cache/aastra since you have never used the endpoint configurator successfully.

parker b

I will try one of the phones using a factory reset and see if it stops trying to register to the wrong IP address. Hopefully this will fix it. Although, I didn't see any reference in either the local or server config files on the phone to the wrong IP's... I guess we'll see!

parker b

It would appear that after a firmware update and a factory reset the mysterious registrations have stopped! This applies to aastra 9133i phones in case anyone is searching the forum on this topic. SOLVED.

Lee Sharp

WooHoo! Congratulations on a successful fix.

roidon

Hi Aastra,

actually i am working on SIP 6739i for the xml applcations to work. I downloaded sample php codes from the aastra site and tried on apache web server. i created a folder named as xml in htdocs folder and put all the php codes in the xml folder and assigned a key as per the path and i am able to access it. Now problem is i am trying IIS webserver, I put all the php codes in wwwroot folder and try to access through the softkey but im unable to access it.Kinldy guide me what settings has to be done in the phone as well as in IIS. Im using Windows xp OS.Kindly guide It will be very helpful to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc