XenServer 5.0 Installation

robfwtx

Is there a preferred template for setting up the latest 1.6 version on a XenServer 5.0 installation? I downloaded the ISO for Elastix 1.6 before realizing that there might be a different installation routine to follow for Xen.

robfwtx

Ok, I chose OTHER on the template and have this installed. How do I replace the Kernal with a Xen version?

gianespo

Hello,
i've found the correct step to install elastix in xenserver, now up and running optimized for xenserver 5.6

For Elastix 1.6 x64

1) create a new vm with Centos 5.3 x64 template, assigning the needed hard disk space
2) mount the iso downloaded from elastix website, or insert the dvd into the dvd-rom
3) setup a ftp server (i use filezilla) and share the iso (after mounting it)
4) start the setup, when the system will prompt you say the media is on FTP and point to the ftp server
5) select all the modules you need (i also add the developing tools)
6) after restarting the system, run xentools, disable selinux, upgrade freepbx and you have elastix running into xenserver

For Elastix 2.0 x64
1) create a new vm with Centos 5.4 x64 template, assigning the needed hard disk space
2) mount the iso downloaded from elastix website, or insert the dvd into the dvd-rom
3) setup a ftp server (i use filezilla) and share the iso (after mounting it)
4) start the setup, when the system will prompt you say the media is on FTP and point to the ftp server
5) select all the modules you need (i also add the developing tools)
6) after restarting the system, ignore the request to specify a password for mysql
7) run xentools, disable selinux
8) stop mysql, delete the folder containg mysql db ( /var/lib/mysql )
9) restart mysql
10) start /etc/init.d/elastix_firstboot, specify the password for mysql and freepbx admin user
11) upgrade freepbx and you have elastix running into xenserver

Hope you will enjoy this.
Giovanni

byo71

On step 6, how do you "ignore" putting in the password. I tried selecting "cancel" but it seems to have caused password problems and I can never log in i.e. put random system messages in the elastix.conf.
Then when trying to run /etc/init.d/elastix-firstboot start it tells me that the passwords are already set.

Any ideas? I would really love to get this running optimized in xenserver for my HA setup.

gianespo

enter a blank password, complete the script then go ahead with step 7.
try and let me know

byo71

the elastix.conf is getting set as:
http://www.elastix.org/en/component/kun ... 0&start=10
mypassword

I had to do the sqlite admin password change just to get into the GUI, and everything is broken only the user admin stuff on the system tab shows up, and it doesn't work. I believe it stems from the mysqlrootpwd getting set wrong.
Any ideas how to not get the password get all set all medded up? Gonna try from ssh, maybe it is just the xen console messing it up.

gianespo

I have made the step described again and it works.
after setting a password for mysql and for admin, try to delete the elastix.conf and then go ahead with step 7
please let me know

cefdez

Re: Re:XenServer 5.0 Installation

Hi

I have tried with the steps you give, but also end up with just the system tab. Could you please give a more detailed step by step with the exact comands you write for the non english native. I am sure I am doing something wrong or differnet from how it should

thanks

jhansen858

gianespo,

any chance you would care to share a download link to a xen image that is all working? I have spent hours on this and cant seem to get it right.

jselleck

I second the request for a xenserver image. Many OS packagaes are now offering several virtual packages for install.

I have struggled also trying to get elastix working on xenserver. I have followed these instructions several times to no avail. Can someone please post a working xenserver version?

-Justin

fmvillares

its nice to have this type of advanced conversations here but i dont think the mothership will respond to this in a short term as its still in the drawing board things so importanto as which version of gnu/linux represents the future of elastix debian? scientific linux? etc etc...and as software licensed for free use in small environments as esxi are there with almost no support needed it makes more difficult to support many vm platforms at the same time with the same people working there....crappy right?

jselleck

Where I am stumped is after removing /var/lib/mysql and /etc/elastix.conf the firstboot script ends with:

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.ampusers' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'mya2billing.cc_ui_authen' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'mya2billing.cc_ui_authen' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'vtigercrm510.vtiger_users' doesn't exist

At that point the gui only shows the system tab, and the password in elastix.conf is right.

fmvillares

but remember that in 2.0 elastix script firstboot at the first place ask you to change all passwords...for db access and all web interfaces

jselleck

Yes.. so the password changes seem to be working fine.. As far as I can tell. What I cannot figure out is why the tables are NOT installed and how I might get them working.

Thanks!

-Justin

jselleck

I looked at elastix-firstboot and foudn that the DB scripts are not in /var/spool/elastix-mysqldbscripts - where it seems that the script calls them from. How can I get the scripts into that directory?

dicko

fmvillares

reexecute first boot after that or seee how it workd to create an script from the rpm...

jhansen858

I actually got the xen optimised image working.. Here is the link for everyone..

Sorry if this link stops working 2 years from now, let me know maybe I'll repost.

Sorry if this image sucks in some way, that's what you get for not making it your self.

I added the free version of FOP2 and ran an update, compressed it with winzip.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cab332f ... imized.zip

{SHAMELESS PLUG INCOMING}

If you liked this image, we would like you to know that we also host elastix servers, and can also give Wholesale prices for voip services. Please let me know if you are interested in this!

our website can be viewed at http://www.ztelco.com

fmvillares

karma plus for the contribution

jselleck

Thanks for the template!!!

What are the passwords? Root? How do you change them?

Thanks!!

-Justin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti