X100P problems

Discussion in 'General' started by victorcasale, Jun 14, 2009.

1. victorcasale

Dear friends, about one month ago i purchased a X100P board from xp100.com. I installed the lastest elastix version 1.5 and is was recognized by elastix automaticaly under Hardware tab.It was working so well until i moved my office to another address.

When I turned on my elastix i could not see the Dahdi channel under FOP, so i went to the Hardware Detection and could not any board detected. I suspected the during the trip to the new office, the card was detached from the slot, so I disassembled my box, Released the board and cleaned it. Then after i inserted it in the same slot.

After turning on the PC, It was detected under Hardware tab, so i could start using it again. It was everything ok until last night when I tryed to complete a call and i heard the message that my PSTN line was not avaliable. I whent to the hardware tab and it was not there again. I tryed cleaning again but i really didn't got successful any more.

When running the command lspci i can see

01:07.0 Communication controller: Motorola Wildcard X100P

When running lspci -vv, i can see
    01:07.0 Communication controller: Motorola Wildcard X100P
    Subsystem: Efar Microsystems Unknown device 0001
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
    Latency: 64 (250ns min, 32000ns max)
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
    Region 0: I/O ports at e800
    Region 1: Memory at dffff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2+ AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)

When running dahdi_tool i can see

Alarms Span
    UNCONFIGURED DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: RTC) 1

I'm really lost once it was working and suddenly began with problems. what could be wrong?

Thank's

2. Patrick_elx

I gave up on the x100p, I had one that was detected once every three reboot only.
    However on another hardware it was working ok almost all the time.

Guess this card is really motherboard sensitive and will not work with some.

Better find a used digium or sangoma or openvox on ebay that will be much more reliable.

3. victorcasale

Woww... I got so bored with it.... I never had problems with X100P... During the night the PBX was turned off and during the day it was in operation with no problems. Only when moved to the new office the X100P is not being recognized by the graphical interface. Could someone give me a light, please!!! Thank you so much!

4. gamba47

It sounds a motherboard problem.

gamba47

5. Patrick_elx

the install I had problem with. Everytime I removed the server from the rack, test in on the bench it was working. As soon as I cabled everything back in the rack, it was not working anymore... :blink:

As I said, I got tired of this card and bought an openvox A400 that did not let me down so far.

6. gamba47

I have two of this cards X100P (from voxzone) and works like a charm.

Regards.
    gamba47

7. victorcasale

:angry: I'm starting to think that the best way are the Gateways like SPA3102 :( They are expensivier but never had troubles with that devices. I have one that works since 2007 and never caused any problem. My father often says "Take care with cheap things, if the price is so different from other similars they may be a big problem.. "So this is the result of a "PIG" economy! :( My X100P is not working :(

8. victorcasale

Heyyy Friends.. Look... That's really crazy... First it was not working... I tryed reseting the CMOS configurations i tryed restarting computer a lot of times, but X100P was not appearing at Elastix Hardware Detection TAB.

I was planning to change the computer to try if was that a mobo problem or x100p problem..... Suddenly, before doing that i tryed checking the Hardware detection again... For my surprise X100P DAHDI was there....

9. jkoukos

I have the same problem and the only solution I found is on this page.

"Once the card can be initialized under Elastix, you SHOULD not unplug the power cord from the wall (It is because if the power cord is connected to the power supply, there will some electricity to the supply.); otherwise, you may encounter the card cannot be initialized again when the system is booted up. If you encountered this, you simply re-insert the card to the slot again with the power cord connected (crazy!). Or simply leave it be powered on for 24/7/365

10. voxzone

thanks gamba47 for buying the voxzone x100p cards.

The Voxzone cards as well as others in the market which is based on 62802-51 and TJ-320 doesn't have any irq settings on the boards. So the irq settings is purely assigned by the motherboard.

http://www.voxzone.com/VoxzoneX100P.pdf

If you do have problems with the elastix installation, i advice you to install the asterisk first and then plug in the card later. This will enable you to install the asterisk, troubleshoot asterisk zaptel issues. Zaptel and Dahdi are the same, just have some ip issues.

regards,
    Voxzone Sales
    Home of the X100P.

11. gamba47

Thanks to you! are you Dinesh ?

Maybe you can help me. I´m having problems with echo. do you have any link to see about this problem ?

Regards.
    gamba47

12. voxzone

yes i am,

in case if u haven't tried these.

echocancel=yes
    echocancelwhenbridged=yes
    echotraining=yes

in elastix, make sure the lines are connected directly to the fxo, please check the with the lifeline to see if there are any echo's at source.

dinesh.

13. gamba47

Ok Dinesh, i made the change.

What ? :blink: :blush:
    I really don´t understand what you say. Sorry

Emiliano Vazquez from Argentina.