X100P card for Faxing?

Discussion in 'General' started by munchenterprises, Mar 2, 2011.

1. munchenterprises

I am trying to move a fax server from a current HylaFax solution on a dedicated Debian machine over to my Elastix box. I have a question regarding if I'll be able to do this or not.

My Elastix box will have two X100P cards serving as FXO ports to my PSTN provider. I want one of these X100P cards to answer my fax number and use HylaFax to receive and send faxes over it. (the other X100P card will be for outgoing calls on my main line). Is this a possibility, and is there a how-to that goes over

Also I understand that you have to set up a "IAX" extension- what is the purpose of doing this? I take it that you need to have Asterisk point this trunk somewhere, but will the Virtual Fax "register" as an IAX extension using the info I provide? I use SIP extensions for my SIP phones, and have never set up an "IAX" extension per se... I'm assuming these are basically the same thing but just use a different protocol and port to register and communicate.

Any help or direction here would be greatly appreciated!

2. Lee Sharp

The fax server has to be something, and generally it is an IAX extension. It just never leaves the machine. As to the x100P, I have no clue. I seem to remember mainstream support for those falling out a while ago.

3. fmvillares

you could have all your answers reading elastix without tears the bible for new guys on the block!!
    Its all detailed up to every click...