Will Elastix satisfy my needs?

forsen

Hi All!

Today my company is running plain asterisk, and I wonder if Elastix would be a good upgrade to our system.

I've tried to search some forums and mailing lists, but can't find any stories about enterprise setups that is not a call-center. Upgrading from plain asterisk to Elastix in all our locations is a pretty big project, and I want to be sure we will be satisfied before starting to plan the migration to a new system.

The most important feature is good receptionist handling.

- receptionist should be able to park or hold an incoming call, without answering it first
- receptionist should be able to do a blind transfer, and the call will return if nobody picks up

It would also be a huge advantage if it is possible to populate extensions from an LDAP database. We're not using AD, just regular OpenLDAP.

Currently our setup looks something like this:

Asterisk installed in 6 different locations around the world (branch offices), will be expanded to 10-11.

location 1:

2 E1 connections to PSTN, 400 extensions, receptionist, conference bridge, voicemail. Both soft and hard phones

location 2:

1 E1 connection to PSTN, 100 extensions, same requirements as loc 1

The rest of the locations is either connected to a local SIP provider in their country, a T1 or a J1. 20-80 extensions per location.

All locations are connected with each other over IAX2.

Would Elastix be able to handle our setup without problems? Is there any documentation on this kind of setups? Will there be any Elastix training in Europe in the near future (preferably close to Oslo, Norway).

Elastix looks really promising, and I hope we will be able to use it in our setup.

Thanks,

Erik

gamba47

Eric, i you have a plain asterisk working i never do the change to any "out of the box" solution like elastix/trixbox/whatever.

Always i preffer use a system with my configuration and not using a standard config.

If you are a newbie in asterisk so elastix is for you.

Regards. gamba47

rejil.rajan

We have been using Elastix with more than 500 extensions and as the PBX in 20 locations and it is working without any issues for the last 2 years

Ichorcom007

If Elastix does not satisfy your needs your either God , or way too needy man ! of course it can Handel that !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen