Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1 not detected

areid

we are using elastix 1.3-2. I have been reading there is a bug with asterisk 1.4.22 and Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1. I read through postings to change the zaptel and zapata files to kewlstart. This is what I did. Unfortunately did not work for me.

Has anyone found a solution? we cannot make any inbound or outbound calls from our interface card.

files I manually changed
===========
/etc/zaptel.conf
- changed "fxsks" to "fxsls"

/etc/asterisk/zapata_additional.conf
- changed "signalling=fxo_ks" to "signalling=fxo_ls"

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.replaced_for_elastix
- changed "signalling=fxs_ks" to "signalling=fxs_ls"

/etc/asterisk/zapata-channels.conf
- changed "signalling=fxs_ks" to "signalling=fxs_ls"

rebooted elastix in gui.

Bob

The bug that was found that you refer to, will not assist with the detection at the O/S level.

1) Does the card show up when you perform an lspci -vv at the Linux command line
2) If question one shows the card, do you see the card when you perform zttools
3) If it shows as per question 2, does it show configured or unconfigured
4) Under the Asterisk CLI (asterisk -r -vvvvvvvvvvvv) when you perform a zap show channels, do any channels show??

Lets start with these, and work from there....

But if you do not see it as per question 1, you can immediately look at a faulty card, or possibly a motherboard issue, or PCI slot issue (possibly move the card to another slot on the board).

Regards

Bob

areid

for question #1
1) Does the card show up when you perform an lspci -vv at the Linux command line

What am I looking for? It says alot of stuff. ISDN interface??

Bob

Areid,

Good point on the LSPCI list!!

What you should be looking for is something similar (it wont be exact) to the following:

01:08.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
Subsystem: Unknown device b119:0003
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 64 (250ns min, 32000ns max)
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 201
Region 0: I/O ports at ec00
Region 1: Memory at ff8ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2+ AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)

If this is not visible in your list, then the O/S is not seeing the hardware...

Regards

Bob

areid

for question #1. yes see tiger isdn inteface.

for question #2, how do I perform zttools? linux command?

Bob

Areid,

Good on question 1, at least the card is being recognised

yes it is a linux command, just type it at the Linux Prompt.

Regards

Bob

areid

for question #2, I don't know if this is right, in linux command "/sbin/ztcfg -vvvv"

got
Zaptel Version: 1.4.11
Echo Canceller: Oslec
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels to configure.

Bob

Areid,

Thanks, it shows that your card is being identified, it shows that it is configured.

However, just confirm question 3 and confirm that Zttool shows the card and that it is configured.

just run the zttools command at the linux prompt

Also perform question 4 which is under the Asterisk CLI (perform this command at the linux prompt asterisk -r -vvvvvvvvvvvv) and one you are in the CLI, then perform a zap show channels, command.....do any channels show??

Regards

Bob

areid

zttools don't work in command line

zap show channels - none show up.

Bob

Areid,

Sorry for the delay....

The fact that zttools does not run is a bit of a concern.

if zttools does not exist, it sounds like Zaptel did not compile correctly or something else is amiss.

Now having just said that, I am now taking a guess that have not used the standard ISO image that 99% are using. I just found a message thread where you are discussing Centos 5.2 and loading Elastix on this. Am I correct on this assumption??

If this is correct, then it sounds like your compile of Zaptel is not correct. Out of interest, can you perform a

find -name zttools*

Regards

Bob

areid

message thread you are talking about "centos 5.2 and loading elastix". this is our other server. We could not find the problem and still looking into it. this is server we've installed asterisk successfully and looking at installing freepbx but running into the problem disabling selinux. Once we have find a solution we will be updating this thread for others to see.

Our other server was 100% standard ISO image and was installed in May/Jun 2008 and has been upgraded when every new elastix release was out and now to the latest 1.3-2. I looked in elastix gui under system >> updates and searched for zttools for "all". nothing showed up.

Before Nov 20 our card use to work. I can tell through our reports in elastix gui and we did not change our outboard routes. The interface card use to show in elastix gui under system >> hardware detection. We were able to make outbound calls from our voip phones. Now no detection and no outbound calls.

I talked to Openvox who we've purchase the interface card from and confirmed our card is found under your question #1. they said it is a software problem not a hardware problem.

Bob

So to clarify...and a question

1) The system you are having problems with now is a Elastix ISO Image installed
2) You have upgraded using yum update
3) Now the system is not working with the Zaptel Interface

Is the card that is in the system. Is it a Openvox card or a Digium TDM400 card?

Regards

Bob

areid

answer to your questions

1/ yes
2/ yes
3/ yes

4/ Openvox interface card A400P + 2 FXS + 1 FXO modules

KLGIT

It's "zttool" no 's' on the end. At least in the Elastix 1.3 ISO installed version.

I'm having similar issues.
In fact I'm quite frustrated with Elastix. SwitchVOX free and AsteriskNOW all configured my TDM-400P easily (most automatically).
I've had nothing but trouble trying to get Elastix to setup and use the one piece of hardware that every Asterisk based system should easily and automatically support. The card does work. I've used this same PC and TDM-400P card combination with several other Asterisk based solutions. I'm testing the various products to find the best one for us. So far I really like Elastix. It's got a good interface and lots of features. But not being able to get a simple TDM-400P running is a showstopper. Why on earth would this be such a hassle?

# ztcfg -vv

Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels to configure.

See, it's there, the OS sees it fine, but darned if I can get a dial tone on port 1. I set up an extension on it just like I did with all the other Asterisk flavours, but no joy. It's quite frustrating.

This very much seems like a bug in this version of Elastix.
I installed from the vanilla ISO and no luck. So then I tried a yum update all. No help. Then I updated all my modules from Free PBX. Nope....

I want this to work, I like Elastix from the web panel side of things. But if configuring hardware is this much trouble....forget it. I'll go back to AsteriskNOW.

Christopher Gaul
Kingland Group

[edit]

I just want to make sure that the tone of this post wasn't misinterpreted. I am just frustrated. Not trying to be angry at anyone or disrespectful to all the obvious hard work that's gone into Elastix. In fact that's part of my frustration. This is the Asterisk flavour I want to use.

Bob

KGLIT,

Likewise with the tone. Many that reply are probably frustrated as we cannot see the issue, and especially myself, where I build a box every few days (either for client production use or for testing), and have no issues, especially with the 1.3-2 version.

As I posted in a previous email, we have some standby boxes and they are all using the 1.3-2 image, and one has the TDM400 card in it. Likewise until a couple of months ago, we have a 1.3-2 box in the office with a TDM400 card in it running. So it is confusing and frustrating.

My only clear recommendation at this present time, is if your box is not in production use at the moment, is to pickup the 1.4 beta 2. It is worth running, and it would be useful to answer whether your box works with this version. I have two boxes running this version, freshly installed, with the 1.4 beta 2, and the TDM400 working fine. We also have two other production systems running E1 cards with the 1.4 Beta 2 as well. You could wait a few days if you want as Rafael has pointed out that the RC is due in a few days......

If it really becomes frustrating, I am willing (providing that it is not a current production system), to connect in via SSH (that is if you are willing), and have a closer look at the issue as it may solve some problems.....

Regards

Bob

KLGIT

KGLIT,

Likewise with the tone. Many that reply are probably frustrated as we cannot see the issue, and especially myself, where I build a box every few days (either for client production use or for testing), and have no issues, especially with the 1.3-2 version.

As I posted in a previous email, we have some standby boxes and they are all using the 1.3-2 image, and one has the TDM400 card in it. Likewise until a couple of months ago, we have a 1.3-2 box in the office with a TDM400 card in it running. So it is confusing and frustrating.

My only clear recommendation at this present time, is if your box is not in production use at the moment, is to pickup the 1.4 beta 2. It is worth running, and it would be useful to answer whether your box works with this version. I have two boxes running this version, freshly installed, with the 1.4 beta 2, and the TDM400 working fine. We also have two other production systems running E1 cards with the 1.4 Beta 2 as well. You could wait a few days if you want as Rafael has pointed out that the RC is due in a few days......

If it really becomes frustrating, I am willing (providing that it is not a current production system), to connect in via SSH (that is if you are willing), and have a closer look at the issue as it may solve some problems.....

Regards

Bob
I know it's not usually a good idea to quote whole posts, but I wanted to make sure everyone could easily match the reply with the original post.

Bob,
Thank you for your post, your time and your patience. In reading through this site for the last few days I can see that you are a major asset to the Elastix community. Much appreciated.

I know I've asked this before somewhere, but again, to clarify in one post, does 1.4 use DAHDI? As much of a hassle as the transition is, I'd like to get it over with now before we go production.

Anyway, here's my list of questions and thoughts.

- Does Elastix 1.4b include and support DAHDI?
- Can DADHI devices be configured from the GUI?
- Will I be able to update from the 1.4 beta to the release version with YUM or similar?
- Will it update clean?
- Will my configurations etc migrate cleanly?
- Ballpark, when is 1.4 looking to go gold?
- Installing from the 1.4b ISO, will I have a working system with my TDM-400P running?
- Can I "yum update all" safely with 1.4b?

- DAHDI support needs work in all Asterisk distros. The new file structure and naming is confusing. I'm sure it wouldn't be if there had never been zapata but....
- FreePBX needs work in this area especially.
- Elastix should dump the abbreviated FreePBX panel and embed the full FreePBX UI. Just colour theme it to match...
- More documentation needs to be done on Analog board setup.
- Add option to edit raw config files from the web panel. No SSH/vi/nano necessary.

Anyway, hopefully you read my other post explaining how I got the test system back up and running. I'm OK for now, but I may jump on the 1.4 beta soon. Especially if item 3 above is a yes.
Right now I've narrowed my choices down to AsteriskNOW and Elastix. Unfortunately, it seems like the versions I want for both are still in beta.
However both look promising. IMO, Elastix has a lead in features, UI, and support community. However AsteriskNOW has Digium's support as an asset and it looks like they are working hard on 1.5.

We'll see. I'll probably go with Elastix 1.4b for now and see how it goes from there.

Thanks again for all your help.

Christopher Gaul
Kingland Group

Bob

Anyway, here's my list of questions and thoughts.

- Does Elastix 1.4b include and support DAHDI?

It is my understanding that this came in as of Asterisk 1.4.22rc4. Elastix 1.4 is at least at 1.4.22rc5 or newer. Further more check of the modules loaded shows no chan_zap.so, only the following module...

chan_dahdi.so DAHDI Telephony w/PRI

All Dahdi CLI commands work as well as the older Zaptel commands (expected).

However, it has not been completely migrated, as it is not using the new /etc/dahdi directory structure, the commands at the linux level are still zttool etc. Naturally this is probably going to have to go through some reasonable testing before complete migration to DAHDI is completed.

- Can DADHI devices be configured from the GUI?

I would expect this to be the case. The device drivers themselves are not changing (to the best of my knowledge), just how Asterisk deals with them. As you may have read, a good part of the name changes was due to trademark issues, but at the same time, Asterisk have used the opportunity to make some small changes e.g. specifying echo canceller per line, change of the zaptel file including directory structure, a few other options. Enough that it requires testing.....

So at the moment, the hardware detection is the same as it was before.

- Will I be able to update from the 1.4 beta to the release version with YUM or similar?
- Will it update clean?
- Will my configurations etc migrate cleanly?

I would expect it to. No matter what, you take a backup of your Freepbx settings, and even if you had to to a clean re-install, restore your freepbx settings, you would be right to go. I know in the past it has been possible to perform the Yum updates from beta, unless they have specifically say that you cant...(usually due to an issue related forced structure change from a beta to a release). 1.4 does not look like it has any major issues, especially with the RC due in a few days.

- Ballpark, when is 1.4 looking to go gold?

The fact that Rafael has said that the RC is due out in a couple of days, means that we are getting close. Naturally the more that can install the RC, the quicker they will move to release. Taking a guess, it will probably be 2 weeks after the release of the RC, but that is just based on past experiences.

- Installing from the 1.4b ISO, will I have a working system with my TDM-400P running?

If your experience is the same as mine, I feel the probability is high, however the only concern is that you are running different hardware which may have an impact. If it works however, it will answer some questions.

- Can I "yum update all" safely with 1.4b?

I do....

Regards

Bob

areid

Bob,
I found out that zttools should be "zttool" and it works without the "s". So here is an updates but still not working.

Our interface card is Openvox interface card A400P + 2 FXS + 1 FXO modules. I've contacted Openvox and that ran a few tests and see the hardware is working and now thinking it is the software causing the problem.

I see there are others having the same problem. I am hoping we can all work together and get this resolved.

Your questions and my answers are:
==================================

anwser: yes

2) If question one shows the card, do you see the card when you perform zttools
answer: yes when I do "zttool"

3) If it shows as per question 2, does it show configured or unconfigured
answer: yes, it shows 3 configured.

4) Under the Asterisk CLI (asterisk -r -vvvvvvvvvvvv) when you perform a zap show channels, do any channels show??
answer: yes. here is a few stuff. it shows adds every few minutes or so.

Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret
-- ast_get_srv: SRV lookup for '_sip._XXX.domain-name.com' mapped to host alpha2.domain-name.com, port XXXX
-- Remote UNIX connection
-- Remote UNIX connection disconnected

5/ # ztcfg -vv
anwser:

Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels to configure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr