wildacrd TE100P

Discussion in 'General' started by Kennybell, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Kennybell

I need some help configuring Wildcard TE110P in Elastix 1.6-12. After doing hardware detection, the card comes up as a PRI. I need it to be an old fashion regular T-1.
    When I connect to the CAC channelbank, all lites go green, Get talk bat on ports,everything sync's up. But...I can't figure how to program out of PRI mode. If
    I change

File: dahdi-channels.conf

; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sat Jan 16 14:30:07 2010
    ; If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
    ; your manual changes will be LOST.
    ; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
    ;
    ; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is intended
    ; to be #include-d by /etc/chan_dahdi.conf that will include the global settings
    ;

; Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0" (MASTER) B8ZS/ESF
    group=0,11
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = national
    signalling = pri_cpe
    channel => 1-23
    context = default
    group = 63

It reverts back to above. Can anyone help?

2. dicko

I suggest you might need to do it by hand, the autoconfig script probably won't do T1's AT&T T1 legacy style it expects a PRI and doesn't go further, also it expects the far end to be a clock source, in your case that would be a bad thing, your signaling might well be e&m (ear and mouth) but you will have to set your framing and line-coding (esf/b8zs or d4,ami) to suit the channel bank or conversely set the CAC to match your T1 on the Elastix box. http://www.voip-info.org is a good resource to start with, you will also need to set your timing source to be the master and not slaved to the CAC. If you have a carrier Access 1 then it won't do the far end disconnect well, If you have a 2 then it works better.

3. Kennybell

I'm Confused as to where and what to enter to do a manual config. The Linux commands are so very confusing. Is it possible to tell me what to type and where to type it?
    The CAC is a std 24 port unit with 2 12 port SPOTs cards.

4. dicko

It's not Linux you need to configure it's Asterisk, which is just as confusing :)

You will be less confused when you you go to http://voip-info.org try searching for T1 setup or even "channel bank" :) you chose a non standard environment, you need to understand what you need to do, I won't spoon-feed you, but I will help if I can after you do your homework.

regards

grumpy old dicko

5. Kennybell

ok,I'll check there.Thanks...Ken

6. Kennybell

everything I see on Voip info I have already viewed before. I'm going in circles here for
    the past week
    The refrences all point to PRI config, or to zapata.conf,or etc zaptel.conf. or T100P I don't even have those. all I have are the following:

chan_dahdi.conf
    chan_dahdi.conf.bak
    chan_dahdi.conf.elastixsave
    chan_dahdi.conf.template
    chan_dahdi_additional.conf
    dahdi-channels.conf
    dahdi-channels.conf.bak
    zapata.conf.template

I tried modify the above , but I can't get out of PRI mode.If I Make Zapata.conf & Zaptel.conf That didn't work either

7. dicko

Then I guess you didn't view

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/chan_dahdi.conf

Which is definitive as to how to set up dahdi, It is merely a copy of what digium documentation,

so concentrate on /etc/dahdi/system.conf and chan_dahdi.conf and just set them up to suit the slave T1 you set up on your channel bank, which you want to connect to.

There is no ". . std 24 port unit with 2 12 port SPOTs cards.. . ." there is only what you setup on that hardware, dip switches or otherwise, it is all about how YOU configured it, and it depends on what particular hardware you have, inconveniently for you there are more than one. Sorry dude, back to the homework :)

p.s. as a logician I would say that " . . .everything I see on Voip info I have already viewed before . . ." is obvious but not helpful to you, look deeper and farther

8. Kennybell

I don't get it. I must be missing something. All I need is the 24 ports to be analog extensions. Nothing that I do seems to work. I even had to reload the whole PBX from scratch. I cant figure it out.I am totally confused. How hard can it be to setup TE110P?

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
    fxoks=1-24
    loadzone = us
    defaultzone=us

9. dicko

10. Kennybell

Still can't figure this out. Also the hard drive is full. How do I delete the reports?
    The errors filled the drive. Having trouble with the web GUI, always asking for login info or the page stalls. Still able to call sip extensions though.