Why doesn't Asterisk 1.4 Jabber work in Elastix?

Discussion in 'General' started by wiseoldowl, Jan 7, 2009.

1. wiseoldowl

Just for fun I was trying to set this up:

Asterisk Call Notification over XMPP

The sample etc/asterisk/jabber.conf file was there and I modified it as shown (making appropriate substitutions), but when I went to check the channel status with jabber show connected from the CLI as instructed, I got this:

No such command 'jabber show connected' (type 'help jabber show' for other possible commands)

Turns out there are no available Jabber commands - it acts as though Asterisk never heard of Jabber, even though Jabber support is supposed to be included in Asterisk 1.4. Would there be any reason that Jabber support is not enabled in Elastix? Is it possible to enable it (without too much difficulty)? Could support be included in the next version of Elastix?

2. projectstew

I hate to bump this, if there is another thread with the answer.

Is there a way to get elastix to respond to jabber commands? I had this working great on another asterisk system, but the commands just seem to fail on elastix.

I'm using the extensions_custom.conf script shown at the top of the page here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Jabber#PHPscriptforsendingjabbermessages

Any information is appreciated, i did alot of searching and this is the only thread i could find on the topic.