Who are you and where do you came from?

rafael

Hi all,

It is almost 3 months since I started working as Elastix community manager. I have to tell you that I founded a great community of people willing to help each other. I had been in touch with some of you more than others but I believe it would be a nice idea to use this thread to know each other a little better. There is a lot of things we have to do to improve this community, but we have the most important one the people and that is why I would like to know a bit more about you.

My name is Rafael Bonifaz and I live in a small beautiful country in South America known as Ecuador. I live in Quito the capital city of Ecuador, but most of the Palosanto team are in Guayaquil City the capital city of Elastix ;)

Besides Elastix I love Free Software and I am a Free Software activist in Latin America. One of the responsable of convicing the president to use Free Software in the goverment and there is even a video in youtube (spanish) and some translations to other languages. I also a nature lover and I enjoy camping, horse back riding and been in touch with nature in general.

Regards from the middle of the World,

Rafael

danardf

Hi, and thanks to Rafael.

Me.
My name is Franck Danard
I live at 30Km to Nantes (France) in the country.
I work into the phone company to the hotline.

I like cooking, astronomy, the musique (my web site made in Francky :p )
, the Photography and the computers. :p

I have 42 years

We wait a baby for March 2009.

That's all

p2ii

Pat Austin

35 years old

Product Manager at Teleco Inc. Channel Dealer Division.

Greenville,South Carolina USA

I like playing guitar, cooking, Formula 1 and European cars...I have a 2002 Audi A4 Turbo, 2005 Volvo S40 and 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo.

nano

Hola,
soy Fernando, tengo 23 años y vivo en Santiago de Chile.

Soy estudiante de Ing. Informatica y me gano la vida con Linux y Asterisk mientras termino de estudiar.

Me gusta hacer deporte, jugar Fútbol, salir a carretear con amigos, y por supuesto amigas.

Saludos

telecomtechnician

Hola, mi nombre es David Medina, casado y tengo 39 años.
Soy de Venezuela y vivo en la ciudad de Caracas. Tengo 15 años de experiencia en telefonia y cableados. Hace 3 años estaba en el limbo buscando un producto innovador en telecomunicaciones y me crucé con asterisk. Aprendí lo básico por mi cuenta (traduci un libro del ingles al español) y luego buscando algo más completo me conseguí con elastix, el cual me gusta mucho y lo utilizo y apoyo 100 por ciento.
Me gusta el cine, las mascotas (dos recientemente fallecidas), hablar en ingles y me gustaria socializar un poco más.
Gracias por darme la oportunidad de compartir (saludos a toda la comunidad de elastix)

Now in english, my name is David Medina, married, and 39 years old. I am from Caracas, Venezuela. I have 15 years of experience in telephony and cabling. Three years ago I was in BLANK in my working area, looking for an innovative telecom product and found asterisk. I learned the basics by my self (translate a book from english to spanish) and then searching for a more complete product I found elastix, which I like a lot and use and support it a 100 percent.
I like movies, pets (two recently past away), speak in english, and would like to socialize more.
(my best wishes to all the elastix community).

dicko

Hola Dudes

I have been involved in VOIP for four years (or more), I originally compiled asterisk from scratch then , I decided in 2005 to replace a 32000 dollar ActiveVoice voice mail system behind a mitel 2000SX traditional TDM pbx with asterisk@home version (can't remember 1.?) using digium t1 hardware and a totalaccess channel bank to talk fxo to this beast. It eventually worked great and I continue to use this hardware (some of the accounts are still working), I added transparent SIP/IAX outbound routing with various VOIP vendors at a significant savings to us, (nobody ever knew).
Since then , and for other customers, I (lazily) used asterisk@home in its various forms until it turned into freepbx, with great success. Then some of the myriad other value added distributions based on the above, (mostly happily, with the exception of trixbox), Now I'm sold on Elastix.

I would love to converse with my peers here who have a similar customer base, that would be anybody with between 5 and 2000 users, they expect an appliance or a full blown server, that can handle VOIP and FAX and callcenter/queues , it probably has two or more NIC's and is thusly a firewall that handles QOS and VLANS. It provisions sipura/linksys devices, aastra and polycom, maybe even grandstream (and if they have a legacy inventory, cisco POS's), they can take the devices home maybe and use them behind their dsl connections. (alternative tftp provisioning, VLAN at work generic DHCP at home), Automatic offsite backup and a relatively painless onsite recovery solution.

Messing with Elastix and FreePbx and studiously reading the posts of such as phillipel, rafael and danardf and n3glv (who I believe I might have had contact with in a previous existence) and all the others, I think we are damn close . . . .

p.s. I can't speak Spanish and Google translate seems to think Ecuadorian dialect is a foreign language how about us anglos kicking in real time with those translations?
p.p.s I like beer (and long walks on the beach at sunset)

Gwayne

Ok, I am Mike Veltman, married, 43 years old, Dutch national but living in Singapore (near Malaysia)

Working as a consultant with Linux in its many different reincarnations for 15 years now. Forced to do asterisk because I work for a company that does Asterisk implementations, and I have to say that I enjoy it.

Now working with and at Elastix, and I hope to add some functionality to it.

Other information about me can be found at.

www.linkedin.com/in/mikeveltman

Glad to be part of the team, greetings from Asia ;)

Oh my hobbies.. well uh Linux, I am the president of the OpenSuse Group in Singapore and member of the Free Software Alliance and several other open source groups.

How my wife can life with it ? A miracle of life.....

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13