Which version of elastix to download?

Discussion in 'General' started by anythingtech, Feb 26, 2011.

1. anythingtech

I am looking into trying elastix for a new enterprise deployment. I will only have 10 extensions to start and will only need basic PBX functionality.

HOWEVER, When I click on "DOWNLOADS --> MAIN DISTRO" I am presented with 3 options:

2.0.3 (STABLE)

1.6 (STABLE)

1.5.2 (STABLE)

So I searched around the site to try and find release notes or ANY information as to which of the 3 versions I require and can't find any supporting documentation.

My gut says I should go with 2.0.3 but I figured I would ask for help :)

2. franklin

I've used both, but have gone back to 1.6. It is the least bug free. Arguments on both sides of the fence, but there is one here who seems to know what he is talking about who will not use 2.x yet. I tend to listen to him.

3. fmvillares

all depends...you ned to be somequite an expert as dicko and i are to use any versons trouble free....
    for a noob the version to go is 1.6 but is crappy old...almost not mantained and uses asterisk 1.4 that is almost EOL...uses old freepbx that crippkle all new functionality
    so again you need to de-elastisize it to make it work as you want ...
    in my case i always use 2.0 then upgrade kernel, all software, manual compilling asterisk to 1.8 then freepbx to 2.8 stable systems or 2.9 beta (in test systems) and learn all the daily new stuff that appears

4. haamed

I love Elastix 1.6 it is really stable.
    I think the 2.x version will be better in the future .

5. fmvillares

Re: Re:Which version of elastix to download?

1.6 is not stable per se Haamed its full of bugs but none important...1.6 has many many security issues due to old versions used of certain software...as it uses asterisk 1.4 and many few features than 2.0 its obviuos thta it has less bugs
    but again its a risk/benefit/cost equation for every people as palosanto right now seems to have all developing in standby due to the illness of Alex.