Which new Dell use server for Elastix

richardv

Which NEW type of Dell server is the best for using with Elastix 1.6 ?

Disaster

I can advise the T110 hardware Raid card is not compatible with Elastix 1.6. Had to set one up with software Raid.

techchip

Hi

I'm thinking to purchase a DELL t110 to install elastix 2.0, but does anyone know if there is any SATA drivers included in the CentOS?

I'm not thinking to use RAID, just the Onboard SATA Controller

Does anyone have the same server? what about installation? any special suggestion for SATA hard drives or just follow the CD?

Kind Regards,

Techchip

chito

Elastix 1.6 and above will install fine on the Dell T100 server but I do not recommend that type of server if you want a good quality voice server, I have tested a few of these servers with Rhino interface cards and when using PCIE (express) type of boards the server freeze if you send a few concurrent of calls trough the PCIE server. I think the problems is that the T100 just share to much interrupt with other internal devices and there is no way in the current Bios to have the PCIE slot on its own interrupts.

I did not test the T110 but its in the same price range and most of the time you get what you pay for. If you really want a reliable server I would advice to buy a Rhino server with a rhino card. They cost a lithe more but they also works good. I did not test the elastix servers yet so I can not tell you how good they are.

regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr