Which FXO Gateway??

Discussion in 'Gateways' started by robert12, Feb 13, 2010.

1. robert12

Hi all,
    I was wondering what seems to be the best FXO gateway (PCI card or External IP or USB ) and match for elastix as far as uncomplicated installation, good voice quality and stability. I had an installation with TDM2400P 12 FXO modules and worked very well, a TDM400P (older Digium cards) brought me to my knee's.
    Thanks

2. danardf

Personally, I use a SPA3102, and it works pretty well.
    I know a guy that use a SPA400, it seems that work fine.
    Maybe a little hard to understand well every parameters for the no telephonist. :cheer:

3. fmvillares

Audiocodes MP11x and quintum Tenor Series are the best gateways available in the market, Patton is also a great brand...of course quality means...$$$$
    In the middle quality / prize section is Grandstream GXW410X series , they re ugly as hell but with the latest firmwares and knowing how to configure them correctly work really really surprisingly good for its prize
    in the lower end is cisco smb spa31XX, spa400 crapware without the posibility of putting a password in sip lines or take 1 line over the others really are not options to take in account in this modern times...sometimes 1.2.0.2 firmware (latest as of today) breaks the rtp music streams in some asterisk machines.

so if you have the money audiocodes patton redfone (e1/t1) quintum...
    little money grandstream...
    cisco ...awayyyyy very far far away from me...(IMHO)

best regards

4. danardf

Yes, of course, these gateway are very well, but ... how many money!?

5. fmvillares

hi frank how r u...well audiocodes and quintum cost about 100/150 dollars a line minimum..but is a warranty of good work...in my years using asterisk and voip since the dark ages of h323 i found that 75% of the problems in voip systems is crappy hardware the other 25% crappy human implementator jeje so cutting 200 dollars in a fxo gateway maybe cost lots more in support or problems with quality etc....
    just my opinion...
    every people has to test their own quality/budget relationship...
    see ya

6. robert12

Thanks guys for your reply, i plan to buy a SPA , MP11x and a Quintum tenor next week and test them all.
    is there a post or article you know that help me setup this devices correctly?
    thanks again

7. fmvillares

the manuals included in every model are very complete...but the simplest to configure is the spa...
    it does not have even password or line groups in it to configure.
    1 other item, SPA 400 is intended to use with spa 9000 cisco smb systems not asterisk in the first place so thats why itlacks some really important features as trunk rotation strategies, password, line registrations etc.
    some welltech worked ok for me but i repeat some...its not a good brand
    best regards