Which compatible built system to buy for Elastix?

Discussion in 'General' started by OrlandoP, Sep 11, 2009.

1. OrlandoP

Hi,
    I've been a Trixbox user and lately a PBX in a Flash user, and I have been using Dell's T100 and T105 servers. They're pretty cheap (usually less than $300) and very reliable. I have seen that some people have encountered problems installing Elastix on them, so I want to know, which ready to buy system are you using for Elastix?
    I want something that I just need to buy, where my time is spent installing and configuring, not figuring out which components to use. What has been working for you?

2. dicko

On the top right of your screen, click on Elastix Depot.

3. donhwyo

Hi

I have a t105 and it works fine. It was a bit of a pain to install because it would not boot the cd. You can probably use an external drive to install. If not search and see how I did it. It works well after the install so is good for the price.

Don

4. OrlandoP

Re:Which compatible built system to buy for Elasti

I know about the appliance, but it is not a cheap solution. For a robust install, it is perfect, but for small offices with just 2-4 lines it is overkill and too expensive. In those cases I use the Dell T105, because it's cheap and reliable, I just install a analog card and can have a working simple PBX in minutes.

I don't mind to buy the parts individually, I just don't want to reinvent the wheel trying to figure out what to get, the way I have done with other Asterisk Distros. I want to switch to Elastix without having to buy 3 different board to find which is the most compatible one. So, If any of you usually buy a preset system, I would like to know which one is working...

Thanks for the replies!

5. fmarinonj

Re:Which compatible built system to buy for Elasti

I use a Compaq D530 Desktop system. Seems to work great, but it is an older system.