Where to start?

Discussion in 'General' started by qbik, Aug 31, 2010.

1. qbik

Hi everyone, I've been reading a bit and deciding weather to go with freeswitch, asterisk or elastix. So far elastx features are far better for the use I intend to do. Now, i am kind of new to this and although i am very tech savvy, I need some guidance from this wonderful community.

Here is a big picture of what i need to do:

-I am opening a call center situated in Canada
    -I need a toll free number
    -We will do inbound and outbound
    -Our biggest client is situated in Mexico, so most of the call will come from there

I know some questions will arise, so I will provide more details if needed.

-What equipment do i need?
    -What is a good provider for Canada?

any help is greatly appreciated

2. Amphibian

qbik,

First off, Welcome to Elastix Community Forum. It is always good to see new members to the community.

In regards to your desires to open a call center may I suggest reading "Elastix Without Tears" as your first step. Although it does not specifically address the set up of a "Call Center' per se it will give you the basics of setting up Elastix and what equipment you should seek to do what you desire.

It is full of information and recommendations on setup, computer processor/memory needed and information on different types of VoIp phones that have been tested with Elastix.

As far as your needs in the Canada VoIp providers, I'm sure that someone on here knows of some good ones in Canada, but I'm not necessarily sure that you can't use one from the U.S., thus giving you more to choose from. I'm not in Canada so I can't speak to the law requirements (if any) you may be up against in using a U. S. VoIP provider, that would be for someone else to address.

I wish you well in your endeavors, am willing to help where I can, as you will find others are on here, but I will tell you that if you are new to VoIp and the PBX world that you search this forum (and other VoIp related forums) and read the recommended reading mentioned above before posting new questions. Some if not all of your questions can be answered for the most part by doing a little research first. It will save you time, save you the frustration exhibited by some on here having to answer post that have already been answered, I know, I too have been down the road you are now starting to travel. Remember this is an all Volunteer assisted forum so have lots of patients and always carry a smile, and, most of all enjoy it.

Be sure to keeps us updated on how it goes when you get it all up and running.

Amphibian