Where are files downloaded to from within console?

Discussion in 'General' started by elsmacko, Apr 14, 2009.

1. elsmacko

Yes I was using the guide Elastix w/out tears. I'm new to linux...

So I downloaded the phpmyadmin and untarred it. Where are these files untarred to by default? When I downloaded the file I just used the wget command, and then ran it, but don't recall the directory :(

I'm using putty and that is really cool because I don't have a monitor on my server hehe

Can someone tell me the way to type it to copy all the files and subdirectories quickly and easily to the cd /var/www/html/modules/dbadmin folder, like he says on page 203?

I'd like the exact syntax for it if you don't mind. I have been working on the server all day and kind of burnt out for the day, so I will check back tomorrow.

I'm pretty happy with Elastix because I was previously going to try and find a way to run SugarCRM w/Trixbox, now I don't have to.

2. blackgecko

if you didnt specify the output file or directory, it is downloaded to the actual directory you were working, if you dont rememeber where you where, do an

?>updatedb

?>locate filename

and see if you find it

3. ramoncio

When you run wget it downloads the files in the directory you are into currently. This usually is the home folder of the user you are login as. If you login as root, its home is in /root. Is you login as a different user, its home is in /home/username
    You can see the folder you are in with the command
    Code:
    pwd