What is tropo.com and can it be used with Elastix?

wiseoldowl

I've seen a few links this morning to http://tropo.com - from briefly looking at the page I note they offer free "developer accounts" and that it seems one of the things you can do with them is set up a voice-operated IVR (where people can either use speech or touch tones to make their selection). But beyond that I don't really understand how it works, or if there's a way it could be used with Elastix.

I don't normally like the idea of offloading things like this to another server that I have no control over, but what I was thinking is that (if it could be used this way) it might make a nice fallthrough destination for when your IVR can't recognize someone's touch tone input (unfortunately this seems to be a rather common problem). Rather than sending them to a catch-all destination, you could (IF it will work this way) say something like "I'm sorry, I'm not recognizing your tones, let's try this another way..." and then send them to tropo.com and ask them to speak the name of the person or destination they want. Again, I have no idea if that's actually possible - I'm probably totally misunderstanding how it works.

Just thought I'd mention it and if anyone cares to take a look, maybe you could report back on whether this looks like anything that could be used with Elastix. I don't have time to poke at it today, but my curiosity is piqued. I suppose if it's really usable, Nerd Vittles will come up with a tutorial of some kind sooner or later, but for once it would be nice if we got there first and didn't do things totally the wrong way, as he usually does. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti