what is the Elastic PBX System requirements?urgent

frankie

hey guys! can anyone tell me what is the requirement for Elastic PBX System? i need to set up for my student...thanks....

Patrick_elx

you just need a computer not too old...

a pentium IV with 1Go RAM and 20Go hard drive is good enough for a small to medium size system.

Older computer or 512ko RAM may work also.

frankie

i beg your pardon..shall you list the requirement to be more specific?thanks..

Patrick_elx

could you please make a more specific question?

what are you looking for exactly?

If you want a brand name of computer you will not have one, I gave you the computer requirement. With that you can go on eBay for used equipment or to any computer seller and they will propose you many different options that will meet these requirements.

If you are giving us more information of what are your needs, we can give you more hints on what you should look for. But as said before a Pentium IV with 1Go ram and a 20Go hard drive should work for many simple configuration.

Now if you are also asking for phones, routers, cable, voip provider, FXO/FXS card, terminals, wifi AP, VPN etc... that's another story.

rashed

Dear Mr. Patrick ,

greetings , i appriciate if you may assist me to knew the other hardware requirements like : FXO / FXS cards and terminals required my scenario is :
I have E1 connection with around 15 call center staff , along with PBX of around 40 User . some of them will use the digital phones and some will use analog once.
the call center staff may use the SIP softwares in thier computers to use the phones.
so what will be the required hardware for that except the computer and the E1 card ?
thank you and b. regards
Rashed

andyshawn

These would be my Requirements:

You would need a system with at least 4Gb of RAM.
You would also need a very fast system, let's say a P4 or a Duo Core processor of about 2.4Ghz or better.
Ensure that your hard drive is greater that 80Gb. The hard drive space will really depend on whether or not you will be storing unlimited voicemails and if you will be recording all the calls your call center staff make and receive. You can determine that.
A CD drive of course so you can install the best pbx software in the world.
If you plan on using analog phone with this system, then you will need an FXS card or FXS device to connect the analog phone to.
FXO cards is for connecting PSTN lines, which you have not mentioned in you scenario. You will need to get an E1 card from like digium, so you can terminate your lines.

Lee Sharp

A Duel core P4 with 4 gig of ram and an Intel chipset. (That is chipset, not CPU. Trust me on this.)

A Sangoma, or Rhino E1 interface card.

For phones, I like Aastra. I have a lot of 6730i phones. The 6731 has 2 Ethernet ports and does POE.

You will need ATA devices. The Grandstream HT286 is cheap. I have a few. I will not get more. They work... That is about all I can say.

For software, I like SIP Communicator. That is because we are a mixed enviorment, and it is totally cross platform.

philjones

Hi there, have you tried running Elastix from anything other than a standard HDD? I was interested to know if I could run from compact flash or small size SSD.
Also, have you tried saving voice mail and call recordings to network location and if so, does that impact on anything else, i.e. latency that affects other system processes?
Alternatively, I guess a seperate HDD for voice mail and call recordings could work.

akldjian

Phil,

The purpose of Elastix is to be a unified communication platform.

Can you dig deep and make elastix run in all the forms you've mentioned? Yes.
Is it it's purpose? Absolutely not.

For what you're asking for, I might suggest going barebones asterisk and customizing around that.

philjones

akldjian
hi, and thank you for your reply and suggestions. Yes, I have seen a few barebones options, which I guess serve their purpose but, I really like the Elastix approach and was merely interested to explore the options of diversifying resources amongst other local and/or network devices. I mean, let's say, for a company or twenty or thirty users, with reasonablt high demand on recordings and voice mails, would it not be better to save this data to a device other than that of the core o/s?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti