What Hardware to choose?

vmiro

I need an advice about what hardware should I use with Elastix. When I say hardware I mean what Server (brand,type...Dell PE750...) or motherboard (chipset?).

Earlier I experienced problems with some Openvox cards and certain motherboards, then I used 865 chipset based MBs and everything works fine. Today is impossible to find such a MB, 865 chipset is outdated long time ago :)

I know I should post this question on some PBX cards manufacturers forum, but I'm curious what type of hardware most of you use and with what cards.

For example, I can say that Openvox G400P, B400P or D110P works with no problems with Dell PowerEDGE 750.

Thanks
mIRO

dicko

as to what you need hardware wise

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste ... mensioning

as to what you should use for the analog/tdm intreface

Digium, Rhino, Sangoma, Xorcom and Redfone are reputable companies, they are mainstream with Asterisk code and provide original support, be very careful of the ethically impaired rip-off cloners, they only have stolen intellectual property and hardware designs and as clones I think they will ultimately be as successful as "Dolly the sheep", they are not accepted by the mainstream, largely because they are incompetent, so you will endlessly strive to keep up with their half assed patches. That is of course my personal opinion, I have in fact committed mush of that crap to the the trash can, so it is not without feeling and a certain amount of "kicking myself in the ass" for trying to save a buck. Other's opinions will of course vary

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen