What goes into your box?

Chilling_Silence

Following the discussion earlier on the Beta thread (Sorry for hijacking it), I got wondering:
Just what do others put in their boxes? What software features do people actually use?

Im not looking to pull anybody down over using X or Y, more doing this out of curiosity to see what others use, perhaps pick up some ideas about what could go in my box, and what features people generally arent using.

So I thought I'd tell youmine:
I predominantly only use only the Asterisk / FreePBX combo as well as:
OpenVPN -- Establishes a link back to a VPS server so I can remotely admin boxes from anywhere, traverses NAT firewalls etc
NagiOS NRPE -- Monitoring of the box, only really possible with the VPN
All IAX2 trunks to the ITSP use iLBC -- So the modules go into every box too :)

Never really use the Faxing / IM / Email / Calendar / CRM / A2Billing features, they're all just extras that sit in there gathering dust so to speak :-/

I hope Im not the only one who's OK with sharing the "secret sauce" of their offerings, or what they use at work / home.
Again, Im not wanting to bring down what anybody else has in their box, just curious, maybe looking to get some other ideas, especially in the area of monitoring :)

Cheers

Chill.

ramoncio

Monit is cool for monitoring. It restarts fallen services, and has an interface web too, in port 2812.
The cvs version even monitors some basic sip requests too.
Somewhere here in the forum I put a script to automate the installation process, look for it.

agidi

I've setup a OpsView server, which is a nice graphical view of Nagios operations.

it gives me a network map view of whats on and responsive. Not as good as moni or other, but shows the equipment is responsive.

They have a nice support channel #opsview

Thanks for sharing.

A.Gidi
--
http://lujoymoda.com
http://elblogdeliphone.com

Chilling_Silence

OpsView looks nice, but their website is down :(

Not a terribly good look for monitoring software to have a website down ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino