Welcome to the Developer Module Forum

rafael

Dear Community

This forum was created for questions, answers and tips related to the "Developer" module. Please use this forum to share you expirience with this new module.

Regards,

Rafael

charlesz

Hi all,
im new here. would just like to know what does this developer module do? i installed it successfully but did not make any sense to me. :)

rafael

On Monday I would post an example of a simple module that would help you understund how it works.

Have a nice weekend,

Rafael

wiseoldowl

I also installed it but don't understand it (yet). What I am wondering is if this can be used to make additional tabs, or maybe one tab that brings up a page that can be used to access user-installed programs (such as Webmin, phpMyAdmin, etc.) from within the Elastix interface. If so, it would be great to have step-by-step instructions on how to do this.

bmacias

Hello,
As a first step, you could see the help embedded, here saw that put in each field.

:)

This option is in part right up.

rafael

wiseoldowl

Okay, I guess I'm sort of getting this, but not quite. As I said I'm trying to figure out how to get easy access to other programs (e.g. Webmin, phpMyAdmin, etc.) from the tabs.

So to take Webmin as an example, and to simplify things we will assume it's set to run at bootup and to listen on port 9000 (after we get this part working, those of you who hate the idea of it always running can figure out how to turn it on when it's accessed from the web interface, okay? I like small successes rather than trying to do everything at once, then not having a clue what went wrong).

So I assume you would build a new module with these settings (the ones with ????? are the ones I'm not sure about or don't have a clue):

General Information
Module Name: Webmin
Module Id: webmin ?????
Your Name: (why is this required?)
Your e-mail: (why is this required?)
Group Permission: administrator

Level 1 Parent Exists: Yes
Level 1 Parent: Extras

Module Description
Module Type: Grid (????? Really just guessing here)
Field Name: Webmin

So I try all that and it seems to work insofar as it adds a Webmin selection to the grid across the top of the Extras page. Wonderful, but when I click on it it brings up a page that has the words "Filter Example:", a text box, and a Show button. I don't know if that's because I'm totally misunderstanding how this works, or if that's some type of "dummy" pages that's automatically generated just so there will be something there. I'm assuming the latter, because I find there's a new directory at /var/www/html/modules/webmin that has a index.php page that seems to be what's being accessed here.

But now I don't know how to modify that index.php page so that it automatically brings up the Webmin login page instead of the page that's there now. That's the part I don't understand. Any suggestions?

rafael

At the moment it does not include the functionality to include third party software. Remember we are only in a beta stage. Anyhow the code that it generates may help you find the way to do it.

I am going to answer some of your questions to make it easier to understand the functionality of the module:

Module Name-> name is the one you are going to use in the menus. It is a good idea to start with capital letter.
Module id -> there is going to be a directory created with the module admin id.
Your Name -> It is requeire for the licence of the module and give you credit for creating it.
Your email -> Also to be included in the source code so that other developers can contact you
Group Permision-> who would have access to this module

Location is for where in the menus the module is going to be located.

Module type: grid is for reports from a database and form is create a form. In the future there should be an extra one that says iframe or include external application.

You may want to play a bit more with index.php to find out how to bring up webmin

Regards,

Rafael

wiseoldowl

rafael said:
At the moment it does not include the functionality to include third party software. Remember we are only in a beta stage. Anyhow the code that it generates may help you find the way to do it.
Maybe people who are better at coding than I am. I'm lost at this point, though.

I am going to answer some of your questions to make it easier to understand the functionality of the module:
Thank you, that was helpful.

Your Name -> It is requeire for the licence of the module and give you credit for creating it.
Your email -> Also to be included in the source code so that other developers can contact you
Well, I'll just say this much about that. Obviously if you are creating a module solely for your own use, you can populate these with whatever you like and no one would care (and even if they did, they'd never know about it). However, by putting these in and making them mandatory fields, you are effectively creating a barrier that may stop some folks from sharing their work. Not everyone wants their name attached to everything they contribute (this could be for many reasons) but the e-mail thing could be the real killer - unfortunately, these days attaching your e-mail address to anything that gets posted publicly is like hanging out a big glowing neon sign for spammers. All I'm saying is that it might stop some people from sharing what they have written, while others probably wouldn't care.

Module type: grid is for reports from a database and form is create a form. In the future there should be an extra one that says iframe or include external application.
I'd vote for the "include external application" - please!

You may want to play a bit more with index.php to find out how to bring up webmin
My problem there is that I don't know php at all. I know a little perl and even less about bash scripting, but for the most part php is pretty mysterious to me.

One thing I tried, just to see if it would work, was to temporarily copy the /var/www/html/openfireWrapper.php file over the index.php in the new module just to see if it would bring up Openfire - I figured if that worked (which I didn't really expect it to, but it was worth a shot) I could try modifying the Openfire module to access Webmin. Unfortunately that went nowhere fast. So now I know what doesn't work, I only have to figure out what would work!

oneobserver

I just installed it and there was no help installed, but your answers above do help some. Time to tinker...

markh

telcodigit

I think will be a good thing if I describe the step-by-step process, to integrate external application using developer module.

I have successfully integrated phpmyadmin and webmin in this way:

1) I have downloaded the developer module and I have leaved it into its original .tar.gz format;

2) I have logged into elastix web interface and clicked to System => Load Module clicked on browse button to find developer module .tar.gz file and clicked to Save;

3) On refresh, The Developer module has shown as last menu;

4) I have clicked on Developer menu and I have inserted following parameters:
a) Module Name: PHPMyAdmin
b) Module Id: phpmyadmin
c) Your Name: <my name>
d) Your E-Mail: <my email>
e) Module Level: Level 2
f) Level 1 Parent Exist: Yes
g) Level 1 Parent: Extras
h) Module Type: Form
i) Field Name: try

then I have clicked on >> button to select my own custom field "try", then I have clicked save;

5) now I have followed the instruction reported on "Elastix Without Tears" to install phpmyadmin. So I have logged into elastix using "Putty" (SSH) with root as user and palosanto as password;

6) I have created a directory under modules, typing:
a) cd /var/www/html/modules/
b) mkdir dbadmin
c) cd dbadmin

Then I have downloaded and unpacked phpmyadmin files into this folder, and then I gived right path to it with:

a) wget http://dfn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefor ... guages.zip
b) unzip phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.4-all-languages.zip
c) cp -R phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.4-all-languages/* ./
d) rm -Rf phpMyAdmin-2.11.9.4-all-languages

7) I have created just config.inc.php file with:
a) touch config.inc.php
b) vim config.inc.php

Then I have filled config.inc.php file with these rows:

<?php
/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;
/* Server localhost (config:root) [1] */
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = false;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'eLaStIx.2oo7';
/* End of servers configuration */
?>

7) now, I have moved into themes/default folder of my created modules with command:
a) cd /var/www/html/modules/phpmyadmin/themes/default/

8) Then I have opened form.tpl file with nano or other editor (vi, vim, ecc.), and I have deleted anythink on it;

9) Then I have pasted and saved following rows into this file:

<iframe src="https://192.168.1.84/modules/dbadmin" width="980"
height="768">
</iframe>

NOTE: you need to replace 192.168.1.84 with your elastix box IP Address.

That's all for me to embed phpmyadmin.

You can repeat same things to embed webmin.

rafael

Thanks a lot, very useful :)

skarootz

WEll, Can I use developer module for uninstalling the call center module, it has problems with a locked UNBREAK button, and I want to try uninstalling it

cheeks

telcodigit

hope you can help

all i want to do is have a link eg. google on the " Extras " menu as an item. i then want the google webpage to be inside the extras menu.

how do you do this.

any help greatly appreciated :)

bmacias

bmacias

javapaul

Hi i have a question, i wanted to add some features and give more intelligence to the callcenter module, and i was wondering if this developer module can help me with that or should i go to a deeper level, code wise, can somebody point me in to the right direction? i know java, oracle, and some .net (almost the same as java) and can learn others if i have to, let me know thanks!

bpruebas

Hmm, is posible that developer help you, but only new modules and not change exists modules.

bpruebas2

Hmm, is posible that developer help you, but only new modules and not change exists modules.

bmacias

This is a test post.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr