Weird two Gigabit NIC problem - D-Link & Broadcom!

Discussion in 'General' started by zenny, Apr 4, 2008.

1. zenny

Elastix does not natively detect broadcom card. Therefore, I inserted a D-Link 528T PCI card, and it was detected and initialized by Elastix with r8169 driver module and I got onto the net to fetch the source for the broadcom driver (tg3). I compiled and installed the driver (kudos to DStirrup, search somewhere in this forum) and the broadcom NIC was assigned as eth0. And the D-Link which was working previously was assigned eth1.

But since the time broadcom has been recognized, the realtek fails to initialize! I have added 'alias eth0 tg3' and alias eth1 r8169' in /etc/modprobe.conf too, but without success. I also compiled and installed the r8169 driver from source, yet eth1 does not initialize.

I could not figure out what is preventing eth1 (D-Link 528T NIC) to initialize. Isn't it a weird behavior?

Prcisely, I have:
    Any hints to troubleshoot from expert boarders here? Thanks<br><br>Post edited by: zenny, at: 2008/04/05 17:39

2. zenny

Re:Weird two Gigabit NIC problem - D-Link & Br

Waiting eagerly for some inputs/hints from the forum visitors / elastix developers here for the last few days!?

And another thing what I find it missing in Elastix user interface is there is no choice for network interface (eth+) under 'DHCP server'. Let us say that I have two cards, one connected to the Internet (eth0), and the other broadcasts dynamic IPs to the local network (eth1).

However I can do it by configuring on command line those things, don't I? Or it will get replaced by Elastix every time the server boots?<br><br>Post edited by: zenny, at: 2008/04/05 19:49