weather by zip

Discussion in 'General' started by armandomuniz, Oct 5, 2009.

1. armandomuniz

Hi Guys

justa few questions I'm tring to install this weatherbyzip I saw the other post but there isn't full instructions

1 i downloaded the module and installed it through the unembedded freepbx after that I rebooted the server I now have a *947 feature code that all I could understand from the other post.

where do i go from here I'm kinda lost if I dial *947 it awnsers and the hangs up?

Armando

2. dwells

Sounds like the dial plan isn't correct.

exten => 947,1,Answer
    exten => 947,2,Wait(1)
    exten => 947,3,DigitTimeout(7)
    exten => 947,4,ResponseTimeout(10)
    exten => 947,5,Flite("At the beep enter the five digit zip code for the weather report you wish to retrieve.")
    exten => 947,6,Read(ZIPCODE,beep,5)
    exten => 947,7,Flite("Please hold a moment while we contact the National Weather Service for your report.")
    exten => 947,8,AGI(nv-weather-zip.php|${ZIPCODE})
    exten => 947,9,NoOp(Wave file: ${TMPWAVE})
    exten => 947,10,Playback(${TMPWAVE})
    exten => 947,11,Hangup

This was a snippit I found about this application.
    Do you have flite working? Try 'core show application flite' if you get "Your application(s) is (are) not registered" it's not setup correctly.
    Are you sure the feature code includes the "*"?

What happens in the logs? What does your CLI look like? (asterisk -vvvr)

-dwellsy

3. armandomuniz

I guess I need top look some more cause I had no idea I had to install flite or anything else I which there was better instructions some like a step by step looking on google now

Thank again
    Armando

4. Patrick_elx

if you don't have flite or cepstral installed, I would suggest that you read chapter 22.1 of Elastix Without Tears (available in the download section) that is a step by step flite install manual.

Here's the copy below:

5. armandomuniz

OK Guys

I'm back from out of town If possible I would like to get this Weather zip to work.

Heres what I have so far!

I went in to freepbx modules and added weather zip 1.1.5
    now I found flite install on nerd uno web site and installed it but when I do a core show applications it says not registered
    from my understandeing once you install the module thats it I can understand we have to install the flite TTS engine but I'm doing something wrong I've searched theis forum and find no awnsers or instructions maybe a step by step would be nice.

Much appreiciated for all you help
    Armando

6. mostafa33