warning rtp.c: Unable to set TOS to 184

userfromca

I am getting this message in log.
warning rtp.c: Unable to set TOS to 184

While researching with google I came across this

http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/2770

It seems that asterisk needs to be recompiled to fix this.

I also need to recompile with recent source that fixes a DTMF issue.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13209

While I am doing that how about getting iLBC in the mix too? ;)

Are there any problems in recomipliing asterisk in elastix? Can somebody please point out specific instructions for recompiling asterisk in Elastix distribution? I am running latest stable elastix 1.3.

Chilling_Silence

iLBC is easy, just compile it once them copy off the codec_ilbc.so and copy it to your machines. I even posted a binary link at one point on the forums here to a megaupload link I made.

Another user has also recently mentioned they cannot set TOS=184 too ... And I know they're addressing some DTMF issues in the next Elastix 1.5 release :)
Join the Beta mailing list?

userfromca

Chilling_Silence said:
iLBC is easy, just compile it once them copy off the codec_ilbc.so and copy it to your machines. I even posted a binary link at one point on the forums here to a megaupload link I made.

Another user has also recently mentioned they cannot set TOS=184 too ... And I know they're addressing some DTMF issues in the next Elastix 1.5 release :)
Join the Beta mailing list?
Thanks for the iLBC tip but I need the DTMF issue sooner than 1.5 release. Is there a way to compile new version without breaking other elastix stuff?

possebon

Hi,

Still need the ILBC codec?

I need this too and digged a lot and spent a lot of time about this.

I could enable it with few and easy steps:

First you need to get a RPM package of Asterisk 1.4.18 (this is the latest version with ILBC codec included)

Code:
wget ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/yum.trixbox.org/centos/5/RPMS-2.4/asterisk-1.4.18-1.i386.rpm
After this, you can extract only the files that you need:

Code:
rpm2cpio asterisk-1.4.18-1.i386.rpm | cpio -ivd ./usr/lib/asterisk/modules/codec_ilbc.so

rpm2cpio asterisk-1.4.18-1.i386.rpm | cpio -ivd ./usr/lib/asterisk/modules/format_ilbc.so
Assuming that you were on /tmp folder, you just have to copy the files to the final destination:

Code:
cp /tmp/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/codec_ilbc.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules

cp /tmp/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/format_ilbc.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
I did not overwrite the last file (format_ilbc.so) because I already have on my server.

Hope it helps.

userfromca

Thanks pssebon,

This certainly helps. I will try it next week during downtime of server.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeljag_19