VTA-VR Succesfuly Unlocked, BUT not stable, Help,,

new2asterisk

I read a lot and follow all instrucctions, and succesfully unlocked vta-vr, but it's not stable, it works fine for sometime and then disconnects, after a couple of hours comes back again, and plays like that, Need your help, does any of you experts may know what may be wrong, based on the simptoms?

Thanks for your help.

new2asterisk

I use it with my own trixbox PBX, I register it as a sip extension, have another linksys ata and that one works fine all the time, so it's not a network problem, I think it's a configuration problem, but since there is so much configuration, I have no idea with my limited experience.

dicko

With respect, Elastix is not Trixbox, perhaps you will get more appropriate help there.

new2asterisk

I learned that the hardway, Now I am Elaxtix love now, but my first pbx was TB, I need time to reconfigure a Elastix machine with the same configuration and then go and do the fast change, since it's used in a business and can not leave them without phone for long, plus I have done a lot of personalisation with it, that I need to do the Elastix machine, they will be very happy when I upgrade them to Elastix, but for now, I have not bean able to have the hardware and the time to make another Elastix system with all the personalisation as the TB has.

Yes, I post it there too, but also thought the Elastix users may also help, since both run in asterisk and freepbx, Thank You for Help, and Yes, I am Elastix User now, my life is easyer now :)

dicko

Then Welcome to Elastix.

perhaps:
http://skandragon.blogspot.com/2009/06/ ... erisk.html

particularly:

Setting the "user agent" port to 5060 is handy. If you do this, you can set the defaultip=10.42.1.2 in sip.conf for that line, and even if the device is not registered, Asterisk will still send calls there. This is somewhat scary, but it does seem to work. Sometimes.

but of course do that in the extension not sip.conf.

As ever, caveat emptor, you get what you paid for and only the Japanese can polish a turd :) :).

new2asterisk

Dicko,

Thanks for your Help, but the configuration should be done in the ATA, since it works fine for a couple of hours and then it does not work anymore, and the cycle begins, I think the problem is in the ATA right?

dicko

Due to the dysfunctional nature of the hardware it would seem that you need to do it both on the ATA and the workaround (to get to it) must be done in the server, i.e. to tell Asterisk where the box is when the box goes cross-eyed.

How about you just throw the POS away and stop wasting your time, you can get a linksys 2102 for 30 bucks on ebay

new2asterisk

Yes it's a good idea to with the ebay, but, I got 7 of this on a fleemarket for 50 bucks.

Please escuse my ignorance, I have done only 3 pbx and most of the configuration I done is with the help of freepbx, so not no so expert on it, But at least I know how to edit asterisk files, I will try your recomendation and post results.

Thanks.

dicko

no editing needed apart from changing the extension from dynamic to it's IP address on the setup page. (and perhaps qualify to no so Asterisk doesn't assume it's not there when it is but being stupid)

Might I add, you got every pennyworth of your 7 bucks each :):) . I'm not trying to be facetious in any way, but if you want quality VOIP, it really behooves you to use quality hardware. It saves frustration, yours and your clients, and hair.

JM2CWAE

dicko

new2asterisk

Well said, I just like to play with things,and then it becomes a challenge, and then give up, rest and then again :) I try again, following with the instructions, it may work only with one line, so I just test it with only 1 line configured, and it's bean working well for the last 7 hours, so maybe for now thats the only easy use, if so, will rest it at that.

Thanks Dicko

new2asterisk

Dicko, My Friend, 1 more question, how can I add or modify the dialing plan so I can dial extra digits after first set of numbers are dial, for ejample if I dial *97# then when I dial voicemail password, it does not get to the asterisk or if I dial to a diferent pbx that ask for extensions I am out, here is what I got for dialplan:
*xxT|*1xx|[349]11|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011x.T

this is in the same VTA-VR.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino