VOIP provider recomendation

rafael

Hi,

I would like to know your experience with voip providers for local calls in the US. What I need is something for my house so I won't need that to have too many minutes. I would like to have a good service and cheap price. It would nice to have a phone number in the US too.

Looking forward for your experience.

Best Regards,

Rafael

ramoncio

Calleasy NEVER.

ramoncio

I recently found smartvoip.com. They are cheap, not too bad quality, and they answer to support requests.
I use it mainly to call to Spain mobiles, and it is very cheap (0,05

pourrien

Hi friends,
I'm using poivy.com for 6 months and it works very well.
I use this service to call to Germany, France and Iran.
You must charge your account for 12,50 euro and you can call 90 days for free (300 minutes/week for free: no connection fee or other hide fee) to many european countries including USA fixe and mobile.
And you credit will not loose after those 90 days. You can use it when you want (ex. 6 month later after your travel in other galaxy :laugh: )
Here all countries included in your free calls:
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Chile
China
Czech Rep.
Denmark
France
Germany
Hong Kong (mobile)
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Malaysia
Netherlands
Norway
Peru
Poland
Portugal
Russian Fed. [moscow]
Russian Fed. [st Petersburg]
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand (mobile)
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States (+mobile)
Venezuela

Patrick_elx

I'm using Majicjack for calls to the US/Canada. And I'm quite impressed by the quality/price ratio.

For inbound DID I was thinking about Vitely and their unlimited inbound rate, but my average monthly inbound call volume did not justify it. I went with Voip.ms and I'm happy with their different servers locations and their service so far. But if you don't need portability, Majicjack offers one number with their subscription.

For calls to Europe I'm using betamax with webcalldirect.

For French DID I'm using ovh.com

ssierra

Hi Patrick,

I have seen you use webcalldirect. I have created an account with them and I am able to make calls from Elastix. The quality is very good.

The problem I am facing is that I am not able to get the callerid working? Could you help me with this?

thanks!

Patrick_elx

for the callerid, you have to use their software interface and register some numbers through it.

ssierra

Many thanks!!

this is working fine now :)

ssierra

One more question. We have virtual numbers in Spain and UK. Dapending on our customer we would like to use one or another.

Is there a way to chose from the PBX the callerid? We could create 2 outside routes but I am not very sure this would work. At least I couldn't do it/

Thanks again

Patrick_elx

have you tried to register two numbers within the webcalldirect interface and to use the same format in your extension outbound CID?

ssierra

It is done!

thanks

One additional issue I am facing is that I can have only one outgoing channel. I know I could sign another account with them but this is not flexible enough. Do you know any provider that allows more than one simultaneous call?

cheers

ramoncio

ssierra said:
One additional issue I am facing is that I can have only one outgoing channel. I know I could sign another account with them but this is not flexible enough. Do you know any provider that allows more than one simultaneous call?
Altecom for example, if you are in Spain. You can have multiple sip and iax accounts.

nanoc84

voip buster is really good

jaschenck

I have been using VOIPStreet and VoicePulse for over two years.
Both are very good VOIPStreet use to have better call quality than VP but now VP is equal VOIPStreet has great support if you ever have an issue and open a ticket they get right on it. the only issue I have with them is when they pass CID they add a leading (+)so you get +1NNNNNNNNNN which is sort of a pain but I have learned to deal with it.
I can send FAXes across either. I opened an account with Vitality about a month ago and the few calls I have made through them have been of lower quality, the main reason I opened an account with them is so that I would have E911.

Jim

anya

I have to call Germany pretty often, and I

scristopher

Nili

Attn Ssierra

all betaclones at
backsla.sh/betamax like www.webcalldirect.com
are only limited by your bandwith, not by channels.
you can clip 5 different telefonumbers per account and use them parallel, even from different voipservers as long as you are using sip.
Only if the webclient is used, you are limited to 1 channel.
The webclient is needed for verification of the clipped telefonnumbers

Nili

gamba47

Nili said:
Attn Ssierra

all betaclones at
backsla.sh/betamax like www.webcalldirect.com
are only limited by your bandwith, not by channels.
you can clip 5 different telefonumbers per account and use them parallel, even from different voipservers as long as you are using sip.
Only if the webclient is used, you are limited to 1 channel.
The webclient is needed for verification of the clipped telefonnumbers

Nili
Hi Nili. If you make 5 simultaneous calls don´t broke the terms of use of this providers ? I´m asking because i don´t know.

Regards.gamba47

bluenet

Telephony Interface Hardware
Product Roundup
Product Features
PC interfaces: PCI

rgranados

Re: Re:VOIP provider recomendation

In México i have used Maxcom, i-Next and Alestra-Getfon.

Best quality/price ratio is Alestra-Getfon because they are not requestin a Fixed IP Address and you can get DIDs from most important cities of USA.

Maxcom is best and cheaper service, the problems is that they require Fixed IP Address in México and that makes a bit more expensive the service.

I-Next, please do not use, the experience i had with them was realy bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti