Voicemail setup

Discussion in 'General' started by pit, Jul 29, 2010.

1. pit

pit

Hello there!

First greets from germany from an absolute beginner :blush:

My english is not really the best, but I try to explain.

We are using elastix in our office since 2 weeks. The guy who made the setup has become ill before finishing all functions.

For that we have no voicemail since two weeks, which is not acceptabel for our clients an at least for us.

He installed one extension (220) called voicemail. I have also a personal text as .wav-file on my computer.

What we need is to forward sometimes (out for lunch or after closing office) all incomming calls from the extension 110 to this voicemail text including the possibility for our clients to leave massage.

Would you explain to an absolute newbie what I have to do?

Thanks a lt!

2. Patrick_elx

I would suggest you to go to the download page and read Elastix Without Tears that will give you some guidance on how to setup the PBX the way you want.

When you dial the 220 extension do you have the proper voice mail announcement already? If not, start to set up the announcement the way you want it.

Then, you can set up your 110 extension to go automatically to the 220 voicemail after a certain time, or immediately if you manually on the phone set up the Do Not Disturb (DND).

But is there a reason why the mail box is on another extension number? Do you have only one voicemail for all the company or one voicemail per extension?

In the second case, it would make more sense to keep the build in mailbox per extension.

Read the book, it will give you some general ideas of what can be done and how easy it is to set it up.

3. dicko

Greetings Patrick:

Unfortunately E.W.T seems to have disappeared from the Download section, I think I have a working link to it in my signature below though.

dicko

4. Patrick_elx

WHAAAAATTTTTT EWT not in the download anymore. How did I not see that before. I'm stunned. Rafael HELLLPPPPP. Bring it back. That's almost the only help I can give in this forum and you are removing it from me. I even achieved to give it before dicko and you gave him the opportunity to make it right again... I'm so down right now. Let's shut the computer off and go to bed.

:S

5. dicko

6. rafael

Re: Re:Voicemail setup

where did I made that mistake?

7. dicko

Hola Rafael:

It used to be under the Download tab, maybe also under the Product Info/Manual Books, If it was under the Support Tab also I wouldn't object, Right now it only under Product Info/Manual Books I believe.

Regards

dicko

8. rafael

ok, I would fix this issue and put it at least under downloads.

BTW, sorry to interrupt this thread.

regards,

rafael