Voicemail Problem

lbennett

I have a small Elastix 1.1-7 system with 4 extensions. No IVR. Extns 12 & 14 are in Ring Group 600 and incoming calls are sent to Ring Group 600. In the ring group settings I have set it to go to voicemail Extn 11 unavail if neither extension in the ring group answers. Exten 11 has customised voicemail messages. When I call extension 11 or ring group 600 from an internal extension the voicemail works correctly. When I call from outside I get the default message and can't find the voicemail. Can anyone suggest what is causing this?

lbennett

Can someone using Elastix 1.1-7 confirm that a ring group [Destination if no answer] will divert to the voicemail of another extension?
I need to determine whether I have something set incorrectly or whether it is a bug.

snowspeeder

What do you mean by "Default message"?

Do you have your inbound route pointed to the ringgroup?

lbennett

By default message I mean the standard message played if no Custom message has been recorded. It is a female voice saying something like, "The extension you call is currently unavailable".
It doesn't matter now as it is all working. I can dial in and get the custom message instead of the default one. I don't know what changed, maybe it needed a reboot and some time before the new configuration was applied.

snowspeeder

Glad everything worked out.

lbennett

It doesn't look like it has worked out after all. I've started a new threead on what may be a bug.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janko67