voicemail not working

Discussion in 'General' started by areid, Sep 18, 2009.

1. areid

I just notice that none of our voice mails work. When you call an extension after 3 rings, or offline extension when it surpose to go to voicemail, it says "an error has occur". Then I notice when you call one of our incoming routes which goes to an extension, it connects but that is it.

I notice in our unbedded freepbx under asterisk logs I see a lots of warns, some errors and notices.

I am using elastix 1.5.2-2.3 and freepbx 2.5.2.2. I think at this point might be best to uninstall all freepbx modules and reinstall them. Do you think so and how?

2. dicko

Diagnostically, I would have to ask:

When did it last work?
    What did you do between then and when it stopped working?

I ask these questions because computers are stupid, they do what you tell them, not necessarily what you want them, to do.

3. areid

It worked before I upgraded to freepbx 2.5.2.2. If I remember correctly I had to reinstall all the modules again.

How do we uninstall freepbx and reinstall it?

4. areid

Could I get some advice on how to solve this?

5. dicko

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but:

I would suggest that as the normal upgrade process has failed for you, and there seems a little uncertainty as what you did to get here, perhaps a reinstall of the base system and then a restore (cautiously) of the configurations, would be more expedient for you , the interdependencies between asterisk freepbx and elastix built into the repositories, probably mean that you will have to use rpm (not yum) to erase that which you installed that messed with you (I have never had to "reinstall modules" so your particular situation is foreign to me) unfortunately you will have to learn how to wisely use the --nodeps argument or risk removing Elastix almost in it's entirety, If you have the patience and the understanding as to how to iteratively chase down and avoid removing needed dependencies without breaking other things, it would probably work.

Personally I have learned, the hard way, to be a wise virgin and would just go back to my last friday's "image", and restore last night's 'backup". If I mess with things and they break, it's always comforting to have a Plan B, (and lots of coffee).

regards

dicko