Voicemail error on specific call path

jcardinal

Setup: elastix 1.6.2-1, freePBX 2.5.2.4. Full yum update this week.

Problem: When a call is transferred to an unavailable user who has VmX Locator enabled and goes to voicemail, the caller hears the outgoing voicemail message, then when recording should begin, they get an error saying "I'm sorry, an error has occurred", then the call disconnects. When an inbound call dials the extension directly from the IVR, voicemail works as expected. The problem only happens when the caller reaches one user and is transferred to a user who has VmX Locator enabled.

Any ideas? I see this problem also described on the FreePBX forums, but the only suggested solution is upgrading to 2.6. I'm trying to avoid that since it seems a "yum update" will try to revert to 2.5 and cause problems.

jcardinal

I already got a response from Philippe on the FreePBX forums, and he's essentially saying it's a 2.5 bug that's been fixed in 2.6, and I should look at my options for upgrading.

I've seen people mention doing their yum updates with something like "exclude=freepbx.noarch" to avoid reverting to 2.5 after an unembedded freepbx upgrade, but when I try that, I still see freepbx being updated with yum. Any ideas on why that's not working for me? Also, it appears the 2.0 release will use freepbx 2.6 or 2.7. Does anyone know if the 1.x branch will be updating soon?

dicko

It's case sensitive the line should be: in /etc/yum.repos.d/elastix.repo in the [base] section

exclude=eleastix-mysqldbdata freePBX

you can reasonably update freePBX in the unembedded PBX (FreePBX itself) after making good backups of course.

dicko

jcardinal

::Sorry for the previous blank post...for some reason it submitted blank and edits don't stick::

I guess being lazy about case sensitivity on a system that is generally case sensitive was probably a bad idea on my part. Thanks very much dicko.

Also, the guys at FreePBX actually tried a merge of the bug fix into the 2.5 branch, but it didn't merge cleanly, so he said unfortunately they couldn't backport the fix.

I'll do a little more reading to double and triple check that I think I know what needs doing to safely get FreePBX updated, then do that. It's never fun to "try something" on a live system, even when good backups are present. Actually...maybe I ought to try this in a VM first... :silly:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr