voicemail - email delivery

Discussion in 'General' started by Telco, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Telco

I can't get the voicemail to email to work. It worked fine until I upgraded to 1.5.2 then it all stopped. I don't know where to look to see what is happening. I even tried installing a fresh install on a different server, added 1 ext, left a voicemail and I never got it either.

???????

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. If I log into roundcube and send an email, it says it has been sent but I don't get that one either.

Chris

2. torboy

You can send email from you elastix server only if your ISP allows you to send email without authentication. If your ISP allows you to do that then you should be able to send your voice mail to email without any additional change. Ofcourse you have to add the email address to extenion.

If your ISP is not allowing you to send email without authentication then use this script to send your email via gmail. you need to make a new or use your old gmail account to send the files via gmail.

If found this script on this form. Not sure who wrote it.

you need to copy the following codes in a file.sh and then copy it to your server and run it.

Code:
    tmp=/tmp/autoconfig

cd /tmp

yum install dialog -y

#########################################################################
    #### Configuracion de Cuenta de gmail para enviar mails de Asterisk######
    #########################################################################

gmail="Auto Configuration for e-mails for Elastix using Gmail Account"
    # creacion del archivo /etc/postfix/main.cf

mv /etc/postfix/main.cf /etc/postfix/main.cf.backup
    rm /etc/postfix/generic* -f
    rm /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd* -f
    rm /etc/postfix/certs/* -f

echo "# SMTP relayhost" > /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "relayhost = [smtp.gmail.com]:587" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "## TLS Settings" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_tls_loglevel = 1" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/certs/CAcert.pem" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/certs/mycert.pem" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/certs/mykey.pem" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_use_tls = yes" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/certs/CAcert.pem" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/certs/mycert.pem" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/certs/mykey.pem" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtpd_tls_received_header = yes" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtpd_use_tls = yes" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "# configuracion tls" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_use_tls = yes" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "# alias de mapeo interno a externo" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf
    echo "smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic" >> /etc/postfix/main.cf

dialog --backtitle '$gmail'  --inputbox "Please, insert the username of your account (without @gmail.com)" 0 0 "your_username_here" 2>temp

usuario=`cat temp`

dialog --backtitle '$gmail'  --inputbox "Put your account password" 0 0 "your_password" 2>temp

pass=`cat temp`

echo "[smtp.gmail.com]:587 $usuario@gmail.com:$pass" > /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

echo "root@$name $usuario@gmail.com" > /etc/postfix/generic

chmod 600 /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
    chmod 600 /etc/postfix/generic

/usr/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
    /usr/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/generic

dialog --backtitle "$gmail" --msgbox "This part of the script is not working automatic. Please hit enter every time, at least 6 times. If you find a way to make it automatic please let me know - emilianovazquez@gmail.com" 0 0

mkdir /etc/postfix/certs
    cd /etc/postfix/certs
    /usr/bin/openssl dsaparam 1024 -out dsa1024.pem
    /usr/bin/openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -newkey dsa:dsa1024.pem -out mycert.pem -keyout mykey.pem 
    ln -s mycert.pem CAcert.pem 
    /usr/bin/openssl req -x509 -new -days 3650 -key /etc/postfix/certs/mykey.pem -out /etc/postfix/certs/mycert.pem 
    rm dsa1024.pem
    Service postfix restart

dialog --backtitle "Config Done!" --msgbox "All configuration are finish!, Thanks for use this Script!!" 0 0

3. ramoncio

Telco, the problem is that if you don't have a fixed ip and reverse DNS properly configured you can't use end-to-end delivery, you need to use a relayhost.
    Look at this post:

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 8103#38103

You can see what's going on with your emails in the /var/log/maillog file.

torboy, that script is part of the autoconfig.sh script by gamba47, from the Spanish forums. Mine is very similar.

4. Telco

Thanks Ramoncio, I do have a static IP and dns is configured right. I don't understand what has changed. What relayhost I never set one up before. It just always worked. Did something change in 1.5.2? If I do have to set one up now where do I do that?

5. dicko

that was REVERSE DNS, which a commonly mis-setup service, you call a mail server, she asks who you are, then checks backwards, no reverse to the same host, no workee in many cases.

6. Telco

ok so where do I set that up? As I have said before I have never had to set this up since 0.8 which was my first install. I am totally confused now.

7. Telco

OK GOT IT! Thanks for all your help. I looked in the main.cf file and found that the domain in there was an old domain that is no more. I changed it to my current email server domain and it is working now.:) :) :) :)

8. digitalthread

Hi,

That script really saved me, I was working on this since morning to configure my google apps account to send email.
    Its finally setup but now when I try to send email to gmail or hotmail both servers mark mails orignated from my domain as spam.

Your kind help would b highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.